AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Semi-Advanced Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to choose between MartinLogan Passage and BG Radia SA-200 in-wall speakers.

Anybody have experience with either?

Thanks!

·
Banned
289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht guy  /t/1526147/martinlogan-passage-vs-bg-radia-sa-200-in-wall-speakers#post_24576294

Trying to choose between MartinLogan Passage and BG Radia SA-200 in-wall speakers.

Anybody have experience with either?

Thanks!

I have extensive experience (8 years) with the entire BG Radia line and have looked at the Martin Logan brand several times over the years.

BG radia offers the finest in-wall and in-ceiling speakers I can find. BOTH speakers use the BG Radia NEO3 tweeter. My understanding is that Martin Logan switched to the Heil Air Motion Transformer tweeters in the new models because they are cheaper to produce in China now that the patent ran out. This is why a lot of companies have started using that type of tweeter over the last couple of years.

My advice to you would be NEITHER, though. The BG PD-6LCRi is about 35% cheaper than the SA-200, still a lower cost to the ML Passage, and is a better speaker. It's not on their new website, but it IS on their price sheet and dealers can still get it for you - they are on sale now because I believe they are being redone a bit. If offers 6 1/2" Kevlar woofers and the same tweeter as the SA-200. The SA-200 has the 5 1/4" double gap woofers. The 6 1/2" Kevlar outperforms the smaller driver in this case. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts