AVS Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 5288 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If I do the maths on the dimensions for the Full Marty (24x25.5x48) it comes out to 17cuft, is the quoted 11cuft taking into account the braces and the port taking up interior volume?

If I can afford a little more room dimension wise for a slightly larger Full Marty, could it be tuned even lower? Like ~15Hz?
Yes, you are correct. The 11 cuft figure factors in port, driver, and bracing volume. You also have to subtract the thickness of the panels when calculating the internal volume so the internal dimensions become 21.75 x 24 x 46.5.

You do not necessarily have to make the enclosure larger to tune it lower, but you'd want to model it before deciding the best course of action.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,064
To lower tune just add 2 to 4 inches to port length. Full Marty is around 17. Adding four inches will lower it to around 15hz.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I am making my final cuts on my full marty. Shouldn't the 1st page have listed two @ 20.25" X 3" for the bottom rail(s)? Plenty of wood for another but just thought I would point it out. Also, some of my cuts are 1/16" short... I hope this isn't going to matter much. This wood is weird to cut and pukes out a ton of saw dust!

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
A 1/16" isn't going to mean anything, so don't sweat it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I finished my Full Martys last week. I didn't spend a crazy amount of time on finishing touches as they will be behind an AT screen someday. They are beasts and look ridiculous in the temporary setup.

Sigma, looking good. Although I'd recommend getting a new baffle for that center channel so the Seos is above the 2 mids. You'll get much clearer dialog and off axis response that way.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sigma, looking good. Although I'd recommend getting a new baffle for that center channel so the Seos is above the 2 mids. You'll get much clearer dialog and off axis response that way.

Thanks for the suggestion. The 1099s are also temporary and will be in my final theater behind the AT screen, all vertical. Just dealing with it this orientation until then.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. The 1099s are also temporary and will be in my final theater behind the AT screen, all vertical. Just dealing with it this orientation until then.
Even better then. If you've got room to have all 3 vertical that's the way to go for sure! That will be a killer setup.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
So I changed the delay of my 1 marty sub by 2ms on the inuke and what a difference in authority. WOW!

These keep on surprising me ...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Even better then. If you've got room to have all 3 vertical that's the way to go for sure! That will be a killer setup.

Yeah still a long way out for completion, but even now... It's pretty sweet in the living room. Can't wait to have it proper + Volt 10 surrounds, and either volt 8 or 10 ceiling for atmos :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got two johnnysubs with SIHT18D4 in them. I measured impedance on the speaker cables at the amp, Inuke 3000dsp. I got 4.1 and 4.2 ohm. I should get about 2 ohm if It's wired correct right?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm running dual 4 ohm Sundown SA 12's mine were reading 3.9 to 4.0 ohm load at the amp. If I unplug the speakon from the amp and measured I'm getting 2.1 - 2.2 ohm. Don't really understand if but they're wired 100% correct.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'm running dual 4 ohm Sundown SA 12's mine were reading 3.9 to 4.0 ohm load at the amp. If I unplug the speakon from the amp and measured I'm getting 2.1 - 2.2 ohm. Don't really understand if but they're wired 100% correct.
How are you measuring the load at the amp without unlugging the SpeakOn? D4 subs should result in ~2ohm or 8ohm load at the amp.

3061 - 3080 of 5288 Posts