AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read my Madden '07 forum topic...I have an unopened copy and I was going to take it back tonight to Wal-Mart and see if I can get credit for another game.

I have it narrowed down to two games I am interested in:

Resistance: Fall of Man (even though I royally suck with these first person shooter games)

and

The Marvel Superheroes game....

Any recommendations or reasons why I should not go with the Marvel game?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have both... Resistance is pretty intense EXPECIALLY offline and we play this A LOT more than marvel. Marvel is good for multiplayer; I have three controllers so three people can play at the same time offline. I haven't tried marvel online yet.

Both are good games but RFOM is incredibly intense.

Jerz

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I am not a big time shooter fan and have only played Marvel on the 360 but I'd probably go with Resistance. Its a really cool game, pretty fun on line even if you suck and its the signature title for the PS3 right now. Marvel is fun too, although unless you are a huge comic book nerd you will probably play it through and then put it away.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Marvel is great fun with 4 people, but Resistance is really a must have. Get Resistance!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I played ultimate alliance on my 360 probably for 60+ hours because of everything you can do in the game. I must have beat it in single player mode 5 or 6 times. It plays ok online on the 360 as well. I don't know if the PS3 has online play, but if it does it might be alright.

Resistance seems ok, but I don't think its all that great.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
those where the same two games I bought with my PS3. I am not a big fan of first person shooters (they just seem too repetitive), but RFOM is extremely good and has an interesting plot line. There is blood and gore so I would not recommend it for young kids.

You won't get the same wow from MUA but it is a fun game i multiplayer and much more kid safe. I did not put RFOM on during Christmas and New Years but my nephews and some other kids (and grown ups when they got a chance at the machine) fully enjoyed MUA. My nephews brought their PS2 games and even though they played some of them MUA got the most action those days.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have both games and enjoy both. I played through the single player of Resistance coop with my brother and it was a lot of fun, and we are also enjoying playing through Marvel.

Resistance is definitely more intense and requires more constant attention and skill. Marvel is like an action rpg that you can just button mash or get into leveling and trying out different characters.

I think Marvel has more hours of single player experience and is a lot of fun, as there are so many characters, powers, and characteristics to tweak. It also has a great story.

Resistance has a great story as well and it fun to play online if you have a good connection.

They are both great but very different games. I think it really boils down to whether you are more in a mood for a fps game where you shoot aliens or an action rpg set in the marvel universe.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got both when I purchased my PS3. They are both fun games (I am also fist person handicapped) and I enjoy both, when you get tired of playing one, you switch to the other for a few days and vice-versa.

Get both you will be very happy and it will hold you over until the next batch of good games.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my choice was easy. The store I went to last night only had Resistance. I am resisting (no pun intended) the urge to open it until I play someone else's copy but we'll see how bored I get the next few days. I do want to play Marvel still so I may try to use my free game rental and see if my local Blockbuster has it.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavrin0901 /forum/post/0

Well my choice was easy. The store I went to last night only had Resistance. I am resisting (no pun intended) the urge to open it until I play someone else's copy but we'll see how bored I get the next few days. I do want to play Marvel still so I may try to use my free game rental and see if my local Blockbuster has it.

If you HATE first person shooters, then you probably won't like Resistance. If you are at least ambivalent towards them, there is no reason why you will return Resistance.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have both and wouldn't want to part with either one.

If I had a gun to my head, I would say Resistance because I'm a bigger fan of 1st Person Shooters.

When I bought Marvel a few weeks ago, I couldn't get it out of my PS3. I finished it and am going through my second playthrough.

I just started back up with Resistance and it reconfirmed how awesome it is.

I would get both. I was lucky, I got them for around $39 so it was easy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
hahaha....i had Resistance since Christmas, and i still haven't beat it yet, because i got acted to Tony Hawk's Project 8 for PS3.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.