AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 464 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1




Quote:
4-Disc BD Combo Pack, 2-Disc BD Combo Pack

1. AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JOSS WHEDON

2. MARVEL ONE-SHOT: ITEM 47

3. SECOND SCREEN

4. GAG REEL

4. DELETED SCENES

- Alternate Opening – Maria Hill Interrogation

- Extended Scene – Loki & Barton Strategize

- Steve Rogers – Man Out of Time

- Nick Fury & World Security Council

- Extended Viaduct Fight – Raw Footage

- Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council

- Extended Scene – Banner and Security Guard

- Alternate Ending – Maria Hill Interrogation

5. FEATURETTES

- A Visual Journey

- Assembling the Ultimate Team

6. SOUNDGARDEN MUSIC VIDEO – “Live to Rise

Crap art and Marvel twice on the cover?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,866 Posts
I'm so there...what; lens flaring from Iron Man's repulsor!? That cover is pretty crappy looking....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,847 Posts
Will pick this up first thing. Too bad it is not scope, but will be there in the AM on day and date.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 /forum/post/22043694


Weird, Amazon.fr is getting these on Aug 29th...

We outside the USA got it earlier theatrically also, so not that weird
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,585 Posts
Not liking that you only get digital copy with the 3D package. If they want to push digital copy, it should be with both 2D and 3D versions. It isn't like they are giving a 3D digital copy... the digital copies aren't even HD...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/22043278


I'm so there...what; lens flaring from Iron Man's repulsor!? That cover is pretty crappy looking....

Ditto. Both are terrible. I was holding out hope that they wouldn't use their horrible photoshop theatrical posters for the covers, but looks like they will. Did ANYONE even try to make these look good?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,866 Posts
Someone's gonna chime in and say, "who cares about the cover?" Well, they could've tried to make it look a little like the front of an Avengers comic (preliminary cover?) Don't really need to see Downey's (uncovered) face. But oh, well...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN /forum/post/22044030


was this a good movie???

Best film of the year so far? Close but no

Best Superhero movie yet? Yep

Most fun film ever made? Yep so far
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN /forum/post/22044030


was this a good movie???

it's "good" i guess; but talk about overhyped



it has the requisite wisecracks and endless cgi battle towards the end, but i've seen it all before.

I think it's about on par with Iron Man, give or take some fancy computer graphics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 /forum/post/22044654


it's "good" i guess; but talk about overhyped



it has the requisite wisecracks and endless cgi battle towards the end, but i've seen it all before.

I think it's about on par with Iron Man, give or take some fancy computer graphics.

Some of the guys I work with have some interesting views on films in general, this one ranked as "best movie ever" according to them.


Yes, it was entertaining, it was big and noisy, it was funny.. everything the modern audience wants. It was a good comic book movie.


When people ask me if it was "good", I usually respond that it was fun and I enjoyed it. That's usually enough for most people that ask, but there's a division between "fun movie" and "good movie", for me anyway. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is a "good" movie. The Avengers is a "fun" movie. They each have their place, but they can't really be compared in terms of "quality".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 /forum/post/22045110


Some of the guys I work with have some interesting views on films in general, this one ranked as "best movie ever" according to them.


Yes, it was entertaining, it was big and noisy, it was funny.. everything the modern audience wants. It was a good comic book movie.


When people ask me if it was "good", I usually respond that it was fun and I enjoyed it. That's usually enough for most people that ask, but there's a division between "fun movie" and "good movie", for me anyway. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is a "good" movie. The Avengers is a "fun" movie. They each have their place, but they can't really be compared in terms of "quality".

Very well put, and I agree.


I tell people I look at the new Batman movies as Christopher Nolan films about Batman. I like his movies, direction and his approach. I think they're awesome Nolan films with a realistic look at a modern day Batman.
 
1 - 20 of 464 Posts
Top