5. FEATURETTES

- A Visual Journey

- Assembling the Ultimate Team

6. SOUNDGARDEN MUSIC VIDEO – “Live to Rise

Crap art and Marvel twice on the cover?

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
I'm so there...what; lens flaring from Iron Man's repulsor!? That cover is pretty crappy looking....

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Will pick this up first thing. Too bad it is not scope, but will be there in the AM on day and date.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 /forum/post/22043694

Weird, Amazon.fr is getting these on Aug 29th...

We outside the USA got it earlier theatrically also, so not that weird

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Not liking that you only get digital copy with the 3D package. If they want to push digital copy, it should be with both 2D and 3D versions. It isn't like they are giving a 3D digital copy... the digital copies aren't even HD...

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/22043278

I'm so there...what; lens flaring from Iron Man's repulsor!? That cover is pretty crappy looking....

Ditto. Both are terrible. I was holding out hope that they wouldn't use their horrible photoshop theatrical posters for the covers, but looks like they will. Did ANYONE even try to make these look good?

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
Someone's gonna chime in and say, "who cares about the cover?" Well, they could've tried to make it look a little like the front of an Avengers comic (preliminary cover?) Don't really need to see Downey's (uncovered) face. But oh, well...

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN /forum/post/22044030

was this a good movie???

Best film of the year so far? Close but no

Best Superhero movie yet? Yep

Most fun film ever made? Yep so far

·
Registered
3,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN /forum/post/22044030

was this a good movie???

it's "good" i guess; but talk about overhyped

it has the requisite wisecracks and endless cgi battle towards the end, but i've seen it all before.

I think it's about on par with Iron Man, give or take some fancy computer graphics.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 /forum/post/22044654

it's "good" i guess; but talk about overhyped

it has the requisite wisecracks and endless cgi battle towards the end, but i've seen it all before.

I think it's about on par with Iron Man, give or take some fancy computer graphics.

Some of the guys I work with have some interesting views on films in general, this one ranked as "best movie ever" according to them.

Yes, it was entertaining, it was big and noisy, it was funny.. everything the modern audience wants. It was a good comic book movie.

When people ask me if it was "good", I usually respond that it was fun and I enjoyed it. That's usually enough for most people that ask, but there's a division between "fun movie" and "good movie", for me anyway. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is a "good" movie. The Avengers is a "fun" movie. They each have their place, but they can't really be compared in terms of "quality".

·
Registered
751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 /forum/post/22045110

Some of the guys I work with have some interesting views on films in general, this one ranked as "best movie ever" according to them.

Yes, it was entertaining, it was big and noisy, it was funny.. everything the modern audience wants. It was a good comic book movie.

When people ask me if it was "good", I usually respond that it was fun and I enjoyed it. That's usually enough for most people that ask, but there's a division between "fun movie" and "good movie", for me anyway. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is a "good" movie. The Avengers is a "fun" movie. They each have their place, but they can't really be compared in terms of "quality".

Very well put, and I agree.

I tell people I look at the new Batman movies as Christopher Nolan films about Batman. I like his movies, direction and his approach. I think they're awesome Nolan films with a realistic look at a modern day Batman.

1 - 20 of 464 Posts