AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Newsflash in case you didn't hear.
This season is a Game Changer! :rolleyes:

Personally I think the Kermit thing was lame and clearly orchestrated to be first out. For as bad as he was, the Raccoon was 100x worse.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Absolutely no clue on anyone from this group. Most of the contestants they are showing numbers and such for the clues, no idea what any of them relate to. The Phoenix had the best looking outfit.

·
Administrator
20,524 Posts
My daughter guessed The Phoenix correctly before the singing ever started. Even with the disguised, digitized speaking voice, she could tell by the vocal patterns.

·
Registered
27,716 Posts
Phoenix was pretty obvious. I got nothing on any of the others. One of them had a lot of video game references in the clues, and I suspect will turn out to be another YouTube influencer "celebrity" no one over the age of 22 has ever heard of.

My friend who was in the virtual audience for an episode taping confirms that these were the performances he saw.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
Seriously, that is who was in there. Lame.

I think the Racoon is Danny Trejo from all the prison references and turning his life around through God.

Not sure on anyone else.

You guys have any guesses?
Oh snap, I got it right after one night of clues!

This was an excellent episode and very enjoyable. The Racoon had me laughing hard at how much he forgot of the words, his reaction to Jenny, and the judges comments about him. Good night of singing too. We likes Robopine and Orca. Absolutely no clue on any of the others though, but very enjoyable. Wife thinks the Russian Dolls are the Jonas Bros.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
One thing the wife and I were talking about after the show. In all these singing competitions nowadays (Idol, Voice) every single singer sings these slow songs with huge screaming moments. Where are all the rockers? Look at this episode of Masked Singer. When Orca came out and sang that twisted sister song, the judges were on their feet, on their desks, rocking along, running around, etc. The energy was cranked up. We've lost these rock songs that got people pumped up with energy and jamming, now we just get these slow songs all the time. Can't remember the last time we saw a singing competition (and we watch a lot of them) where there were people who were actually rocking out and singing real rock songs.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
‘The Masked Singer': Raccoon Explains His Infatuation With Judge Jenny McCarthy

“And it’s OK, because I can beat up her husband,” latest unmasked singer jokes to TheWrap

·
Registered
27,716 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
One thing the wife and I were talking about after the show. In all these singing competitions nowadays (Idol, Voice) every single singer sings these slow songs with huge screaming moments. Where are all the rockers? Look at this episode of Masked Singer. When Orca came out and sang that twisted sister song, the judges were on their feet, on their desks, rocking along, running around, etc. The energy was cranked up. We've lost these rock songs that got people pumped up with energy and jamming, now we just get these slow songs all the time. Can't remember the last time we saw a singing competition (and we watch a lot of them) where there were people who were actually rocking out and singing real rock songs.
I agree 100%, but unfortunately rock isn't popular these days.

Wife thinks the Russian Dolls are the Jonas Bros.
My wife thinks it's Hanson.
I think the next time we see them, there will be 4 and then 5 after that. I'm leaning towards New Kids on the Block since Donnie Wahlberg is always guessed every season.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Any guesses after last night? I am totally clueless on who any of them are from this group. I don't even know who that person is that was revealed.

·
Registered
27,716 Posts
Any guesses after last night? I am totally clueless on who any of them are from this group. I don't even know who that person is that was revealed.
He's a YouTube d'bag notorious for posting a video of a suicide victim's dead body and making fun of it. His inclusion was a real low point for this show. The entire cast and crew really should be ashamed.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
He's a YouTube d'bag notorious for posting a video of a suicide victim's dead body and making fun of it. His inclusion was a real low point for this show. The entire cast and crew really should be ashamed.
How the heck did he make it through screening? Fox really thought that would be ok? Wow.

·
Administrator
20,524 Posts
I'd never heard of the guy. It's kind of funny, when a contestant is revealed it's almost always someone our "kids" in their 20s know but we don't or vice versa. It's rarely someone all of us have heard of.

·
Administrator
20,524 Posts
I was always under the impression this show was taped from start to finish in a couple weeks total.

301 - 320 of 329 Posts