AVS Forum banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
The Masked Singer: How Much of Season 5 Will Niecy Nash Host? And When Will Nick Cannon Return?
By Kimberly Roots

During the panel, executive producer James Breen addressed the host change-up. “Nick rejoins towards the second half of the season,” he said. “I won’t be too specific about how many shows, but Niecy kicks things off.” He also praised Nash for being “just a producer’s dream, absolutely fantastic” and for meshing well with Scherzinger and fellow judges Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke and Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I still don't understand the concept of the wild card, except that it's apparently a GAME CHANGER.

Why couldn't these additions have been part of the show from the beginning?

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Rita Wilson and Chrissy Metz to join The Masked Singer as guest panelists

Plus, details about the upcoming "Super 8" and "Spicy 6" episodes.

By Lauren Huff

Rita Wilson and Chrissy Metz are joining The Masked Singer season 5 family.

Wilson, whose latest EP Trilogy 1 is out now, is set to join Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke, Jenny McCarthy-Wahlberg and Nicole Scherzinger as a guest panelist in the special two hour "Super 8" episode airing Wednesday, April 21. This episode marks the first time that the finalists from Group A and Group B come together for one supersized competition that will end with two celebrities being unmasked.

Then, Metz will join the panelists' desk in the "Spicy 6" episode airing Wednesday, May 5. The episode featuring the This Is Us star is the last episode before the Quarter Finals.

Before all that though, an all-new episode airs this week, with Group B returning to the stage with another new Wildcard celebrity. So far this season the wildcards have included the Orca and Crab.

Also new this season, viewers can play along and win cash (including the chance to win a $100,000 prize) all season via FOX Bet Super 6, a free-to-play app. To play along, download the Super 6 app and answer six questions before each new episode of the show.

My Friend Bradley Cooper | Season 5 Ep. 5

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
The Masked Singer says goodbye to Niecy Nash with Nick Cannon's impending return

Nash took over hosting duties at the start of season 5 as Cannon recovered from COVID-19.

By Lauren Huff

Warning: This article contains spoilers about The Masked Singer season 5 episode 5.

Niecy Nash has taken her final bow on The Masked Singer.

The comedian and actress, who had stepped in to host the beginning of season 5 in place of Nick Cannon as he recovered from COVID-19, has fulfilled her duties as of Wednesday night's episode.

EW has confirmed that starting next week Cannon will once again be the host of the singing competition and guessing game show, and will remain so for the rest of the season. Nash had initially appeared on The Masked Singer as a guest panelist in the past, so it's possible she'll return in that capacity at some point in the future.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
So much for Nick being that secret clues rooster. This reveal was very hacky and made the rest of the performances irrelevant since it was always going to be the Bulldog getting unmasked.

Anyone else hear Snoop Dogg's voice when he spoke about his clue this week? Both my wife and I immediately thought him and he is also known for food since he does that stuff with Martha Stewart.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
So much for Nick being that secret clues rooster. This reveal was very hacky and made the rest of the performances irrelevant since it was always going to be the Bulldog getting unmasked.

Anyone else hear Snoop Dogg's voice when he spoke about his clue this week? Both my wife and I immediately thought him and he is also known for food since he does that stuff with Martha Stewart.
We said Snoop Dog too. Body type sure matches his and those cooking clues were spot on. I am probably wrong again. I cannot guess any of the remaining contestants. I am beginning to think a lot of them are going to be unknowns to me and my wife.

We are glad Nick is back, we lack him more than Nicey.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
My wife and I kept saying, "We know that voice, it is so familiar." We just couldn't place it. After the reveal we were like yup that is who we were thinking. Didn't know it from the clues at all as I don't know much about him but we do know his voice.

Gotta say, the contestants this season all seem stronger than past seasons. Seems like we have more quality singers than before.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I was certain the Russian Dolls would become 4 this time around and then 5 in the finals to reveal New Kids on the Block.

Now that it seems they are sticking at 3, I'm going with Hanson.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I'm thinking Hanson too with the Russian Dolls......I half expect them to slip some mm bop into one of the songs.

Reactions: WilliamR
321 - 329 of 329 Posts