AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a High Power, Da-lite C 16X9 pull down screen. I now find myself watching more movies and I was wondering if there is an easy way to mask the top and bottom (or just the bottom) of my screen.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
You may want to do a search in the DIY screen forum (link up top) there are lots of great ideas there.

I would use triple black velvet glued to Gator board or the like and figure a way to attache it without putting pressure on the screen surface... If you are attaching to the top only, rare earth magnets are unbelievably powerful and you case is made of steal (available at most craft stores i.e. joann fabric) . Thinking about a small angle bracket with magnet glued to the top on each end. Come to think of it, this would probably work for the bottom as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosey /forum/post/18313440

I have a High Power, Da-lite C 16X9 pull down screen. I now find myself watching more movies and I was wondering if there is an easy way to mask the top and bottom (or just the bottom) of my screen.

I don't recall exactly where, but I read somebody had a stop on the screen ( a hook of some sort??) so that he can just roll it to the proper height when viewing 2.35:1. A curtain valance on top did the trick for the top mask...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Masking is nice, except when you start watching movies like Dark Knight where they incorporate IMax footage which fills the full screen and not just 2.35.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion456 /forum/post/18371880

Masking is nice, except when you start watching movies like Dark Knight where they incorporate IMax footage which fills the full screen and not just 2.35.

That drive me nuts when they do that..

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
i have a HP 2.8 119" 16:9.

i like my image down even with my eyes. so i shift the image down to the bottom of the screen (yeah, i know, i does cause issues some times. but the trade off is WELL worth it to me.

i then top mask. i used 2 rigged together shower rods (found a better idea since). with black felt rolled onto it. and a thin board at the bottom for a straight edge. think roller shade. it rolls up into the black boarder of the screen. and down to where ever i need it.

for me, this is working GREAT !!!

this is the best pic i have, sorry. but it gives an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts