AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in masking the current screen that I have and am wondering what different types of options all of you have come up with. Does anyone have pictures of novel approaches etc...?

Thanks!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Don't forget to do a search for masking in the Screen forum. There are a few different options, that you can go with. One or two are motorized, like the suggestion above.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You might want to try out this cheap and easy masking system that I use before deciding how much time, money and effort you want to spend on masking. I got the idea from on this forum im pretty sure and all you need is an 8' sheet of half inch thick styrofoam insulation board from home depot that costs less than $10 a sheet. Cut into two strips the full length of the board (shorter of course if your screen isnt that wide) then cover it with a few feet of cheap black fabric from wal-mart. I use black velcro strips that I stick on to the black border around my screen at different heights to allow for the different aspect ratios , they are nearly invisible. I then put velcro on the back of the styro board and the just hang it on the screen at whatever height you need for the movie you are watching. Yeah its a bit of a hassle to have to get up and adjust the masks for the different aspect ratios but it only takes seconds to do the resulting improvment in the image is well worth it. At least with this method you can see just how much you like your masked picture and determine just how far you are willing to go to automate the process and it wont cost you more than 20 bucks!

KO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.