AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have seen the Masland carpet in BigMouth's, Sandman's, and Hinni's threads and love it!

I also like the Quadrate style. I am curious to know some of the prices others have paid? I was quoted $6.69 CDN / square foot for standard install and 9mm 240 underpad or $6.19 with 8mm underpad. Is that a fair price?

What does this stuff go for in the USA?

thanks,

WS

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafire /forum/post/12875130

Hey,

I have seen the Masland carpet in BigMouth's, Sandman's, and Hinni's threads and love it!

I also like the Quadrate style. I am curious to know some of the prices others have paid? I was quoted $6.69 CDN / square foot for standard install and 9mm 240 underpad or $6.19 with 8mm underpad. Is that a fair price?

What does this stuff go for in the USA?

thanks,

WS

I was quoted about $45 per square yard installed, padding and all, which comes out to $5 a sq foot.

I wound up passing on it because the texture wasn't as soft as I would like and it seemed a bit "officey" for me. I went with the Hanover Rockport in black which was installed yesterday and look GORGEOUS. I will post some pics later tonight. it actually costs a little more than the maslund. They are both gorgeous carpets.

http://www.stantoncarpet.com/index.c...Product&id=423

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just wanted to follow up with a few pics. The carpet I got is black but they have many other colors...

Actual look

Pic with flash so you can see the texture

Carpet in the room

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
I was looking at some commercial carpet at Lowe's yesterday. The "Southwinds by Coronet" (not 100% on the manufacturer, will look up when I am home) had a similar feel as quadrate at around $2/SQ w/pad. It is not as two-toned as the masland, and I am sure not as nice, but I am economizing my build these days given my pending relo.

I looked for a pic online and came up dry.

EDIT - Looks sharp Rob.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a quote last year from carpet-usa.com (mail order) for Masland Quadrate for $26.99 a yard. Also $2.49 for 8lb pad and approx $5 per yard for delivery of the carpet and pad to Connecticut. Just need to find someone to help you install it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just for an updated data point, I was just quoted $6.68/SF for Masland Quadrate installed with standard weight moisture resistant pad (for basements)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts