AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Likewise...this is one title that I'm finding myself most excited about. It's a truly next-gen 'Choose Your Own Adventure.' Everything from the AI to the flowing dialogue to the sheer scope, not to mention the balanced action/strategy combat system, is leaps beyond anything I've seen in the genre before. It has me jonesing something serious.

I'm finding it hard to finish out my PS2 Final Fantasy titles...they just feel so crude by comparison.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
This game definitely looks awesome! I just hope they can achieve a stable framerate. The demo footage I saw looked very choppy. We all know that KoTR had major framerate problems as well. With the game featuring realtime combat, a steady framerate becomes more important.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcello696 /forum/post/0

I believe that Bioware has lost the rights to the KOTOR series and rumor had it being developed for the PS3

There are honestly so many rumors floating around about KOTOR 3 that I stopped paying attention to them. One strong rumor from "a credible source" even had Obsidian announcing KOTOR 3 at last year's E3, which was 6 months ago. Still, no word about it - and believe me I want it more than anyone :)

Sorry to go off topic here. It's just that frankly I'm beginning to believe KOTOR 3 is on the shelf indefinitely, and that we should be in "don't hold your breath" mode.

·
Registered
918 Posts
this is the game I am most looking forward to in '07. wish they would announce a release date! thought jade empire was overrated/a little dull/predictable. thought KOTOR was amazing. being that mass effect is sci-fi, I'm optimistic it will lean towards the latter.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryb28 /forum/post/0

thought jade empire was overrated/a little dull/predictable. thought KOTOR was amazing.

That's exactly how I felt. I still enjoyed Jade Empire, but felt a little let down, especially with how short the last three levels were. KOTOR was one of my favorite games of all time.

The scifi angle is making me a little nervous. Sci-fi can tend to get all wrapped up in itself trying too hard to be sci-fi at the expense of a good story. I realize I am making a gross overgeneralization, but there it is.

And story is EVERYTHING. So I hold my breath with cautious optimism.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisx /forum/post/0

Sadly I couldn't finish KOTOR2, the original was great though. I never played Jade. Feels like it is too late now.

I think I would pre-order any Bioware and Bethesda game though.

lol. I played through KOTOR 2 and was not impressed. I tried to pick it up randomly a few months ago to play it again as the opposite character that I beat it with the first time (i.e., if I was a light-side light saber warrior, I would try with a dark-side force-intense character). I couldn't even make it 20 minutes in, the amount of text was awful. What a disappointment.

Jade was good but not great. Not really worth picking up if you didn't already have it.

But I'm with you on Bethesda or Bioware. They presumptively have my money on any new title released.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.