• I do not own a metal AV rack

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem?

I have a metal Omnimount RE27 AV rack that has always housed my 360 and PS3 with zero issues. However when I setup my PS4 this weekend, I noticed that my Dualshock 4 controller was dropping out frequently at just 10 feet...there were missed button presses, continuous presses (character keeps spinning in one direction), etc. When I connected directly with USB, the issue resolved.

Frustrated, I purchased a new controller...same issue.

I thought it may be interference, so I moved the PS4 from the middle of the rack to sitting on top of the rack...same issue.

Finally, I decided to stand my PS4 vertically on the top of the rack...problem 100% solved. But now I have a PS4 standing vertically atop my rack...far from an ideal solution.

What I'm trying to decide now is if this is simply a consequence of poor design on Sony's part that affects every PS4? Or do I actually have a bad bluetooth antennae in my unit?

There has to be some other people here with metal AV racks...are you seeing a similar issue?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've got a Billy Baggs rack which has a lot of steel pipes in it, although the shelves aren't metal, and it's a very open design. No issues that I've noticed with the DS4 connecting so far.

The PS4 is on top of another component on a middle shelf sitting on some isolator feet so it's got a reasonable spread from the other component for any heat issues.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the same rack and the same issues. My rack is in a cupboard some 6 to 8 feet diagonally over my shoulder.

What do you think we need to about it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just found another contributing factor, when I have my iPad Air on my lap the problem occurs, when it isn't I think the problem rarely occurs and maybe not at all. Perhaps your issues is also interference related?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts