AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do guys you plug in the power cord on mast-mount preamp like channel master 7775 or Winegard 4800? Do you actually somehow run a long extension cord from rooftop to inside the house??!

How do you weatherproof the power connection on roof?

My cm 4228 is getting all channels great, except on (KXLA 44) in L.A. area, which comes in at around 65% and sometimes gets dropped. Unfortunatley, I watch this channel a lot.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
These pre-amps are in 2 pieces - the actual amp goes outside as close to the antenna as possible. The POWER SUPPLY can go wherever you can put it , as long as there is a single piece of coax (barrel connectors are OK) between the PS and the PreAmp. If you have any splitters, then put the PS between the splitter and the Amp.

Just be careful that you don't get too much amplifier for your application - too much signal is as bad as not enough.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
If it's not clear, the power supply piece should be inside, somewhere completely protected. Mine is right near my set. The power supply supplies a DC voltage up the line to the amp part on the mast, but not down to the other side. Be sure the right cable is in the right plug on the power supply section! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.