AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I need some opinions on where best to put a pair of speakers in the master bath. My wife was interested in being able to play music in the morning. Logically, I was thinking one should be near the shower and the other in an area complimentary of that. The shower ceiling is made of tile, so I want to avoid cutting into it.

3 options I have come up with (using 2 Klipsch R-1800-C):

1. See the red circles (balanced, symmetrical)

2. See the blue circles (better location near the shower)

3. 1 over the bath tub where the blue circle is and the other in the bedroom area (not pictured)

The black things are can lights or vents.

My concern is having music loud enough to hear it in the shower. Yes, I checked joist locations already. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I would think about using 2 dt speakers. One over the sink area and another between the tub and shower.

Dt speakers are have dual tweeters and take a stereo input. That means you would want to use 2 volume controls or have 2 zones for the bathroom.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Most in-wall or in-ceiling speakers will fail quickly due to the moisture that they will be subjected to in the bathroom.

You need speakers that are designed for OUTDOOR use for use in a bathroom.

The Martin-Logan ML-45 is one speaker that could be used; it is wall-mountable.

Cambridge Audio also makes a similar one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for that advice! Which location would you put these in? Corners or more open areas? My wife preferred more of a ceiling mount option, but I can find some decent indoor/outdoor options if you don't know of any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts