AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice in order to make my idea for a Master Bedroom projector setup a reality. Until today, I've been looking for a 60" LED TV to place off centre (towards the back left corner) of my room approximately 15' from the end of my bed. Due to a bathroom door being dead centre on the wall that is opposite my bed, I cannot mount the TV directly in front.

Today I came up with an idea of using a retractable, ceiling mounted screen in front of that bathroom door by projecting the image from above my headboard. My headboard is part of a 'wall bed' that has a shelve at the top that I can easily rest a projector on top of. This plan seems to resolve the concern of having a TV off centre permanently, the TV gets out of the way when not in use and will get me a (much) larger, high quality screen for a very similar cost to the LED TV option.

The concern that I presently have is how to set up my peripheral devices which would be a PS3 and some sort of audio solution. The PS3 will double as my BD/Netflix player and will provide more than enough content for me and I could place the PS3 above the headboard as well. With the media remote being a bluetooth remote, it's totally feasible to have the console behind me. The audio set up is where i'm really confused as I want to try to avoid having an HDMI or speaker wire streamed all across the bedroom... I was planning on going with a simple soundbar with a wireless sub that would be plenty for my bedroom - the only issue that I see is that the audio source would be coming from behind me where the projector and PS3 are. It seems quite clear that soundbars are designed to be placed near the screen and I haven't seen one that seems to be designed to be a primarily 'rear' speaker so this doesn't seem the right way to go.

-I have even searched for a projector that can stream audio via bluetooth and in that case, I could use a bluetooth soundbar that could be placed on a table near the screen - I don't think there is a projector on the market (at a reasonable price) that offers this feature?
-Another option I've been able to come up with is to get a receiver that be connected via HDMI to the projector but also stream the audio wirelessly via bluetooth/airplay to speakers closer to the front of the room where the screen is
-I've looked at HTIB setups with wireless speakers but they're all sets with wireless rear speakers and it doesn't seem that will help my situation.

I find it very hard to believe that I'm the first person with this type of an issue? What ideas do you guys have?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long read!

TLDR:
-Want a projector at the back of my room displaying the image from PS3 to the front
-Need to find an audio solution that can (wirelessly) transit audio from the front of the room without running wires from the back of the room to the front

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Post a drawing with bed position, walls, doors, and dimensions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts