AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
my package just arrived,. to test my new canton speakers

MASTER & COMMANDER and THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW....... (from holland)

(uk version are also delayed till february..)

can't wait to hear both in DTS HD MA, DTS 1.5 alone was insane

Marek

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
It's DOUBLE DIPPING MFING FOX buddy.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
hmmm

according to that link the AUDIO TRACK in english causes a BIG BANG !!!!

http://www.areadvd.de/blu-ray_disc-r...ander_BD.shtml

Wer den Film im englischen Original betrachtet, sollte aufpassen: Bei der Wiedergabe des DTS HD Master-Audio-Tracks als DTS HD-Bitstream ereignete sich bei unserer Blu-ray Disc bei Laufzeit 17:24 min. ein lauter Knall von der linken Seite. Dieser war bei PCM-konvertierter Tonausgabe und auf der deutschen Tonspur nicht zu hören.

i've beenreading more about it and it seems the problem happens when sending the DTS MA audio via bitstream (HDMI) and certain recievers ....

so careful ... dont want to destroy your speakers ;-)

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
It would be ridiculous to NOT AWARD M & C REFERENCE STATUS for AQ.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailergod /forum/post/12542322

hmmm

according to that link the AUDIO TRACK in english causes a BIG BANG !!!!

http://www.areadvd.de/blu-ray_disc-r...ander_BD.shtml

Wer den Film im englischen Original betrachtet, sollte aufpassen: Bei der Wiedergabe des DTS HD Master-Audio-Tracks als DTS HD-Bitstream ereignete sich bei unserer Blu-ray Disc bei Laufzeit 17:24 min. ein lauter Knall von der linken Seite. Dieser war bei PCM-konvertierter Tonausgabe und auf der deutschen Tonspur nicht zu hören.

i've beenreading more about it and it seems the problem happens when sending the DTS MA audio via bitstream (HDMI) and certain recievers ....

so careful ... dont want to destroy your speakers ;-)

That is the reason the US release is delayed. Faulty DTS decoder chips cause problems.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I am beginning to get a feeling that Fox/MGM were already ready with Ronin, Commando, Predator, Master and Commander, ID4, Smith, Cast Away, I,Robot etc but bumped the release dates possibly due to BD+ or incorrect release timing. This along with their stringent policies on double dipping might be the biggest reason for the no-show of extras too.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Well, that wouldn't matter, because ID4 should already be up on torrents, given that it has been released in Europe and Japan.

I think some of the movies were moved to strengthen the blu-ray release schedule next year, or at least move the titles to a period where people might be more apt to pay full price for them.

·
Registered
882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch35 /forum/post/12542016

no extras from deluxe edition..no way..no sale
I wish someone with industry connections would ask a Fox executive point-blank why they are releasing these catalog titles practically barebones, leaving so many worthwhile extras sitting on the shelf.

The M&C 2-disc SE is one of the nicest Fox ever put out. I don't understand why they would put this out on Blu-ray with only a handful of deleted scenes and a freaking trivia track. Even if it was a space issue on the disc (which I doubt), why not make it a 2-disc set?

This could have been one of their showcase BD releases, but now it's just another placeholder for the inevitable double-dip.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
one of fox's reasoning is many ppl who would buy their catalog titles already own the latest dvd edition with all the extras. since all bd players play dvds, there's no reason to put it on the bd release.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 /forum/post/12601402

one of fox's reasoning is many ppl who would buy their catalog titles already own the latest dvd edition with all the extras. since all bd players play dvds, there's no reason to put it on the bd release.

That's not an acceptable excuse.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 /forum/post/12601727

That's not an acceptable excuse.

Fox executives thoughtfully disagree with you, I'm so-oooo sure.....
They're the greediest of the greedy, IMO. Their every action or inaction portrays and displays such from where I sit. Surely that's acceptable to ya....?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Has anyone tried the DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio soundtrack on this disc? You need a compatible receiver to do so.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Fox announced their Q1 releases at CES and Master & Commander was not on the list, wasnt this supposed to be out in Feb? This will be the third time it has been delayed.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty James /forum/post/12601160

I wish someone with industry connections would ask a Fox executive point-blank why they are releasing these catalog titles practically barebones, leaving so many worthwhile extras sitting on the shelf.

The M&C 2-disc SE is one of the nicest Fox ever put out. I don't understand why they would put this out on Blu-ray with only a handful of deleted scenes and a freaking trivia track. Even if it was a space issue on the disc (which I doubt), why not make it a 2-disc set?

This could have been one of their showcase BD releases, but now it's just another placeholder for the inevitable double-dip.

Maybe the reason for the delay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickB /forum/post/12730503

Hopefully they are redoing the transfer.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
BD looks ever so slightly brighter but everything else looks like a draw. I'm getting this one for the sound and story!

61 - 80 of 85 Posts