AVS Forum banner

6021 - 6040 of 30616 Posts

·
UHD Addict
37,076 Posts
:mad:Walmart screwed me and cancelled my order and hung up on me too.. So they are giving me a $25 gift card.

So a $15 gift card from BestBuy for their screw up and a $25 gift card from Walmart for their screw up. I would have preferred to get the trek Discs today. But at least the $40 credit lessens the sting a little.:(

If Walmart was not going to give me anything I was going to cancel my five UHD pre-orders i have with them. So since they are giving me the credit I am keeping the orders. I just hope I don't get screwed by them again.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
:mad:Walmart screwed me and cancelled my order and hung up on me too.. So they are giving me a $25 gift card.

So a $15 gift card from BestBuy for their screw up and a $25 gift card from Walmart for their screw up. I would have preferred to get the trek Discs today. But at least the $40 credit lessens the sting a little.:(

If Walmart was not going to give me anything I was going to cancel my five UHD pre-orders i have with them. So since they are giving me the credit I am keeping the orders. I just hope I don't get screwed by them again.
Have you tried going physically to a Walmart? That's how I was able to get the two Star Trek 4k movies. I was initially going to use my $50 BB gift card but since they didn't have any copies, I went to Walmart instead. I'll use the gift card at BB at a later time.

·
UHD Addict
37,076 Posts
Have you tried going physically to a Walmart? That's how I was able to get the two Star Trek 4k movies. I was initially going to use my $50 BB gift card but since they didn't have any copies, I went to Walmart instead. I'll use the gift card at BB at a later time.
yes. I went to the local store this morning. but even though it said you could pick them up from the store, they said they only had the Dead pool UHD BD. And they had no UHD display in the store either. I knew I should have tried a different Walmart. So now I guess I won't be getting them until July from bestBuy. Unless Amazon lowers the price or Walmart gets them in stock again.

At least now that the BEstBuy reward system is back up. I redeemed some points for $10 in rewards and put it towards a preorder of the UHD BD of Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Hopefully BestBuy won't screw me again.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Snagged some pix of Star Trek 2: Into Darkness

These are some shots from IMAX scenes that fill the entire screen.

click the spoiler if you want to see! these are not for technical purposes, just for fun!

/QUOTE]

Wow! That picture on your TV looks awesome!!!

Reactions: ray0414

·
UHD Addict
37,076 Posts
WTH? I just got a shipping notice from BestBuy that they shipped one of the Star trek preorders.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
yes. I went to the local store this morning. but even though it said you could pick them up from the store, they said they only had the Dead pool UHD BD. And they had no UHD display in the store either. I knew I should have tried a different Walmart. So now I guess I won't be getting them until July from bestBuy. Unless Amazon lowers the price or Walmart gets them in stock again.

At least now that the BEstBuy reward system is back up. I redeemed some points for $10 in rewards and put it towards a preorder of the UHD BD of Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Hopefully BestBuy won't screw me again.

Amazon doesn't pricematch Walmart or BB? Rather odd.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The imax scenes are pretty awesome. Reference quality with resolution for sure. The widescreen shots look pretty nice too, but those imax scenes are insane/perfect!
Completely concur! Absolutely love the imax scenes!

Reactions: ray0414

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,032
After watching both Star Trek movies, I'm begging for Star Wars TFA sometime this year. It was finished in 4K too. Haven't seen anything Disney announced though. Holding out hope for Civil War too.

65Ks8000, K8500

Dark knight/dark Knight rises/interstellar would all be similar with their imax scenes too. DKR with almost an hours worth of imax might be the ultimate movi in 4k hdr.

Oh, here's some awesome news, im pretty sure I read thag the next avenger movie is going to be filmed 100% with imax cameras. I'm sure Disney will be on board by then.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Can anyone with Star Trek Into Darkness (came out today) confirm something for me?

During the quick opening titles (where the Enterprise goes to warp and the titles are shown) I noticed just a hint of banding at the top center of the screen, around the glow from the warp, as it fades in and as it fades out.

I'm using an LG OLED55E6P with HDR Standard User, but I'm curious if others with other displays are seeing it there (i.e. it's inherent to the disc).

Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Can anyone with Star Trek Into Darkness (came out today) confirm something for me?

During the quick opening titles (where the Enterprise goes to warp and the titles are shown) I noticed just a hint of banding at the top center of the screen, around the glow from the warp, as it fades in and as it fades out.

I'm using an LG OLED55E6P with HDR Standard User, but I'm curious if others with other displays are seeing it there (i.e. it's inherent to the disc).

Thanks!

Yeah I actually saw that too. Overall I thought Into Darkness had a more natural HDR grade to it than the original (2009). A lot of the scenes on the enterprise had a really realistic look to them. Maybe that was just all the flashlights JJ had pointed at the camera for flare though.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts

Thanks!

@fatherom I see it on my E6 so it must be inherent to the disc. I also use HDR Standard but I use my Dynamic Contrast at High.

Reactions: fatherom

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm undecided whether to get both the Star Trek movies or just into the darkness. Is Star Trek PQ as good as into the darkness?

·
Banned
8,184 Posts
The first Star Trek picture quality pales in comparison to into darkness.

But still looks great. A few soft shots of old Spock which were head scratchers. But the or pending to into darkness WOW!! The indigenous people
Is he best HDR I have seen to date. Stunning!!!

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,039
I know this went under the radar today with all of the Star Trek excitement, but im hearing that "Eddie the Eagle" looks spectacular, very sharp and beautiful colors. Shot in 6k originally. The new master is unknown but 2 people at bluray.com said it was well worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It was a pretty enjoyable film too (Eddie the Eagle). I was a bit too young to know the story, but always knew of Eddie and thought it was quite a fun (albeit predictable) story of his achievements. Certainly better than a lot of the dross that's been released, so if the transfer is good it sounds like it might be worth picking up. I'm sure the colours during the plenty of snow scenes will look great.

6021 - 6040 of 30616 Posts