AVS Forum banner

19681 - 19700 of 30629 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Interesting little story. I preordered Westworld, but a little over a two weeks ago I cancelled and was refunded my money. Looks like bestbuy still went ahead and shipped it out to me :D

·
UHD Addict
37,084 Posts
Interesting little story. I preordered Westworld, but a little over a two weeks ago I cancelled and was refunded my money. Looks like bestbuy still went ahead and shipped it out to me :D
That happened to me with Kick-Ass. BestBuy told me to just keep it.

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
A week or so ago we were talking about Terminator 2's 4K UHD Blu-ray retail package release date in pending status. Best Buy website now reflects 12/26/17. Tho judging from the above posts, maybe I should cancel my preorder. :)

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
That happened to me with Kick-Ass. BestBuy told me to just keep it.
BB is going to go out of business if this keeps up. They sent me War of the Planet of the Apes 4k after cancelling myself. I also cancelled the 4 Harry Potter 4k movies but let's see if I get them this weekend as well?

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Ragnarok Steel Book pre-ordered - for those who sit on the fence, and wait until the end, only to find out they're sold out, GET YOUR ORDER in NOW!. (and not complain later!)

BB Canada showing 18 left of the Westworld 4K.

Reactions: Mike_WI

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
iTunes has the original Ghostbusters on sale for $9.99. It's listing it with Dolby Vision. Has this always been the case that there was a Dolby Vision copy of this movie out there?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ragnarok Steel Book pre-ordered - for those who sit on the fence, and wait until the end, only to find out they're sold out, GET YOUR ORDER in NOW!. (and not complain later!)

Why would anyone want to buy WW in BB when it's $3 cheaper on Amazon.ca..

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Why would anyone want to buy WW in BB when it's $3 cheaper on Amazon.ca..
Just got the notice from amazon.ca my Westworld 4K was shipped at the $3 less than BB price. (No, I didn't order it at BB - pre-ordered at amazon.)

Neither BB CA, nor Amazon.ca have moved on the Harry Potter 4K film price! (Hey guys, we can compare prices online!)

Reactions: srijan

·
UHD Addict
37,084 Posts

What is extra in the steelbook over the regular version?

·
Registered
10,530 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just got the notice from amazon.ca my Westworld 4K was shipped at the $3 less than BB price. (No, I didn't order it at BB - pre-ordered at amazon.)

Neither BB CA, nor Amazon.ca have moved on the Harry Potter 4K film price! (Hey guys, we can compare prices online!)
Never watched Westworld, is it a good series? I heard it's pretty dry. Don't want to buy something just because of technical merits of the disc.
Regarding HP, amazon UK has the best price for the box set but it's released only at the end of the month. Got the last four already, paid full price at BB so have to buy the first four individually.

·
Registered
766 Posts
iTunes has the original Ghostbusters on sale for $9.99. It's listing it with Dolby Vision. Has this always been the case that there was a Dolby Vision copy of this movie out there?
All Sony HDR movies on iTunes are Dolby Vision.
Same can said about WB, Lionsgate, and Paramount.
Universal is a mix. Fox is HDR10 only.

Disney is taking their DV balls and playing with them on Vudu only. Thor 3 UHD just popped up on Vudu for pre-order today, btw.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Never watched Westworld, is it a good series?
I thought it was a fantastic and gripping drama. Loved it. But don't take my word for it, use an aggregating review site such as Metacritic to get a wide range of views from both professionals and users: http://www.metacritic.com/tv/westworld
(and test it with a few things that you liked, and then a few things that you hated).

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Addendum: individual 4k Harry Potter Films, collectively, cheaper than the complete package ! ($33 X 8 = $264 CA versus $329 CA - hey guys, most of us do have calculators!)
Still. UK price blows away both the US and CA pricings. Note, the UK price of 89 pounds, includes the Brits VAT which is removed for overseas at check out. Usually will equal shipping costs.)

19681 - 19700 of 30629 Posts