AVS Forum banner

19881 - 19900 of 30608 Posts

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Watching Westworld on XboxS. Getting fairly frequent pixelation, some stuttering. Never saw it on other disks. Bad disks? So far some on 1st 2 episodes. Not the greatest hdr I've seen either.

6P - AVR5810 - EF9500 - Dish - Xbox1S
Well, that's disappointing. I'll have mine tomorrow...anyone else have a chance to see these and have similar issues? I'm not necessarily worried about the HDR grade as it might have just been graded conservatively. I've seen that before.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Well, that's disappointing. I'll have mine tomorrow...anyone else have a chance to see these and have similar issues? I'm not necessarily worried about the HDR grade as it might have just been graded conservatively. I've seen that before.
No problem playback issues here. I just watched about 3/4 of episode one to test.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
No problem playback issues here. I just watched about 3/4 of episode one to test.

Then I would hazard a guess that it is the Xbox with the issues. Someone in another thread mentioned their Xbox One X having disc read errors and not being able to get Atmos to work without crashing on multiple discs. Seems like Microsoft’s OS and blu-ray software need work.

Reactions: dwaleke

·
UHD Addict
37,075 Posts
Then I would hazard a guess that it is the Xbox with the issues. Someone in another thread mentioned their Xbox One X having disc read errors and not being able to get Atmos to work without crashing on multiple discs. Seems like Microsoft’s OS and blu-ray software need work.
The few UHD BD titles I tried on my XB1X had no audio issues with Atmos or DTS:X.

·
Banned
449 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
All the Harry Potters are now in UHD on Vudu (theatrical versions).
I got the 8 movie UHD disc set. I redeemed the code and have all the movies in my itunes now as well. It is odd, movies 2 - 8 were added as UHD/HDR to my library but movie #1 only added the extended HD edition version and not UHD/HDR. Movie #2 added the UHD/HDR release and in the options gives me the extended HD release. Not sure if this was an error or what, anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Why would they be upset? This has already been fixed by the latest firmware.
Bzzt! Wrong!
The fix hasn't been implemented yet.

Not to mention the color settings for UHD-BD playback have been screwed up from day one.
Probably looks fine only on Samsung TVs :p

Reactions: PSBMAN

·
Banned
449 Posts
Bzzt! Wrong!

Not to mention the color settings for UHD-BD playback have been screwed up from day one.
It has been if you are part of the Xbox insider program: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14335211&postcount=13

As far as the Xbox One X on Samsung TVs, Microsoft's official stance is that it's best experienced on a Samsung display, so you may be right. ;) https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/01/samsung-xbox-partner-4k-gaming-experience/

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Watched Logan Lucky last night on the AppleTV 4K. Not sure what I think of the movie, but it certainly looks great. Super clean image and great HDR application. Certainly worth a rental at a minimum. Not sure if waiting for the UHD-BD is worth it for the Atmos track unless, of course, you are a big fan of the movie.

Reactions: LG4k and galonzo

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,492 Posts
Does anyone know if the Harry Potter 8 Film UHD collection comes in a compact case with a sleeve for each film?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19,897

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,492 Posts
No it comes with two cases. Each case holds 8 disc flaps. One is for the UHD disks and one for the standard Blu Ray disks.
Thanks.

That means I will have two copies of the blu-rays since I own the BD collection.

I think I'll wait and see if there is a black-Friday special.

- Rich

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Bzzt! Wrong!

It's fixed, just waiting for widespread release. I'm the lowest tier Omega tester and got the updated fix on Monday.

Not to mention, unsure what you mean by "screwed up color settings". When I use Masciolas HDR disc and calibrate the One S and One X I can actually get better color results then when I had my Oppo 203. Blasphemy I know.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Titanic was announced today to have been remastered in Dolby Vision 3D and 2D and will be in theaters for 1 week in December. Keep in mind, theater hdr and home hdr are separate grades, no word yet if a home grade was also done. James Cameron did say the results were stunning.

More info:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/903341-trailer-for-titanic-20th-anniversary-screenings-in-dolby-vision#/slide/1
They're different releases but why would they be different grades? The Dolby Vision format is fully compatible with Dolby Cinema. I'm guessing it simply uses more aggressive tonemapping, similar to what you might get if you had a 200 nit TV that supported Dolby Vision.

Have movies been released in 3D Dolby Vision in theaters before? I was always disappointed TV manufacturers didn't work to implement 3D HDR.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

19881 - 19900 of 30608 Posts