AVS Forum banner

361 - 380 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine is currently set at 27C. Isnt 30C too high? I guess that would depend on your units ability to handle heat, but its not like we have that information.
It depends on your AVR/Amp I suppose.

Even if I drop the trigger to lower than this, the AVR always gets up to 29C while it's switched on.

I suppose that's its operating temperature, so not much point in having the fans on all the time.

Play around with the trigger point and see where yours reaches a stable temp, and then put the trigger at that temp.

Reactions: Dysan

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I have found that my sweep spot is Auto, 90F, and fan speed two. I initially tried Smart mode, but I found that is oscillated between on and off far too frequently, especially after the AVR is turned off.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Kudos to my new AC infinity Aircom T-9

Just purchased the AC Infinity Aircom t-9 receiver Av cooler and I gotta give it kudos. This thing really works, it's very easy to set up and use. I put it to the test blasting my music for 4 hours straight.. and the temp never went above the set limit (85) more than 3 degrees. I took the temperature before using this unit and 120 degrees was very easy to attain. for only $119 its a wise investment for your receiver. There are a few different versions available to fit your configurations, check it out:

https://www.acinfinity.com/component-fan-systems/aircom-t9-receiver-and-av-component-cooling-fan-system-top-exhaust-17/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIktWh5o3_6QIVg4taBR0kqwx1EAAYASAAEgIlbvD_BwE

·
Registered
570 Posts
For people who have their equipment in an AV rack, did any of you look into the rack mounting Cloudplate series of fans before buying the Aircom S/T series? My equipment is in a AV rack and I am not sure whether to buy the freestanding Aircom T9 or the rack mounting Cloudplate S5.

https://www.acinfinity.com/component-cooling/rack-fan-systems/cloudplate-t5-pro-quiet-rack-cooling-fan-system-1u-rear-exhaust/
First there is no such model as Cloudplate S5. There is an Airplate S5 but that is designed for cabinet mouting. You probably meant Cloudplate T5. That model is rack mount rear exhaust.

Second, the T9 is top exhaust. So which exhaust product do you need - top or rear? With a rack, I'm guessing rear but make sure.

Third, the Cloudplate rack mount version of these product appear identical to the non-rack free standing model so I would definitely get rack mount. Not sure why you would consider non-rack mount if you're putting into a rack.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
First there is no such model as Cloudplate S5. There is an Airplate S5 but that is designed for cabinet mouting. You probably meant Cloudplate T5. That model is rack mount rear exhaust.

Second, the T9 is top exhaust. So which exhaust product do you need - top or rear? With a rack, I'm guessing rear but make sure.

Third, the Cloudplate rack mount version of these product appear identical to the non-rack free standing model so I would definitely get rack mount. Not sure why you would consider non-rack mount if you're putting into a rack.
Yes, you are correct that I got my model numbers mixed up. I meant Cloudplate T5 and Aircom T8 (both with rear exhaust). I see several users here who are using Aircoms in their racks (instead of cloudplate versions) hence was wondering the reason behind it. Its a moot point now because I went ahead and ordered a T8 since its cheaper and also has a USB port in the rear that can also drive the fans mounted on top of the rack which are USB powered.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Do any of these AC Infinity component fans have a 12V trigger that can be used with AVRs that have 12V trigger out?
I dont think they have 12V trigger input. Only input I see is one for temp probe. If you absolutely need to than you can set it up in a manual mode and power them with 12V trigger AC outlet.

Reactions: Synomenon

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I am thinking about perhaps getting a cooler for my AVR ...Denon X4400h. Thus far I have not had any issues but it does get hot to touch when all 9 channels are being driven.

Currently the AVR is on a rack shelf in a 15u open-frame rack at the top. The rack is open at the top so not constricting the AVR top.....that said...should I even bother? If so should I get a top exhaust coolor or rear? My gut tells me top. Like I said, I have thus far not had any protection faults, shutdowns, etc...just trying to be safe since when I am stressing the AVR and touch the top of AVR its really hot.

·
Registered
28,467 Posts
just for peace of mind get one. Either top or rear exhaust should work for your needs. since you said the top is open get the top exhaust.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I am thinking about perhaps getting a cooler for my AVR ...Denon X4400h. Thus far I have not had any issues but it does get hot to touch when all 9 channels are being driven.

Currently the AVR is on a rack shelf in a 15u open-frame rack at the top. The rack is open at the top so not constricting the AVR top.....that said...should I even bother? If so should I get a top exhaust coolor or rear? My gut tells me top. Like I said, I have thus far not had any protection faults, shutdowns, etc...just trying to be safe since when I am stressing the AVR and touch the top of AVR its really hot.
I had a similar situation with a few inches of space above and open front and back. Marantz AVP (same family as Denon) got very hot to the touch. With Aircom S8 (rear exhaust) it no longer gets hot to touch.

Is your rack shelf perforated at bottom of unit? That helps a lot.

If you're deciding between rear and top top exhaust, I would get top. Definitely quieter than T8. With a rack you might want the Aircom Cloudplate version as it is rack mount.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I own a S6 that I have cooling my Marantz AVR. I was planning to move that to cool my amp and bought a S8 for the AVR. It is so much louder than the S6 I returned it. It is supposedly only 4 dB louder than the S6, but WAY too noisy in my open front rack. I could hear it while either music or Tv/movie audio was playing. :(

·
Registered
570 Posts
I own a S6 that I have cooling my Marantz AVR. I was planning to move that to cool my amp and bought a S8 for the AVR. It is so much louder than the S6 I returned it. It is supposedly only 4 dB louder than the S6, but WAY too noisy in my open front rack. I could hear it while either music or Tv/movie audio was playing. :(
I'm not sure of how objectively perceptive a 4dbA difference is. Maybe that accounts for the difference between your S8 and S6 and my S8. Like other posters the S8 was much quieter than the T8 with identical specs. Trust me that I'm very sensitive to noise level and my S8 is imperceptible from seating position 13' away, also open front and electronics facing out into the room.

Aircom support finally got back to me (after 3 weeks) and confirmed that T8 and S8 are 100% identical in sound noise level. They quickly offered to exchange my T8 for another but I had already return it and was done experimenting.

To me this only leaves 2 things. User differences in the way our ears and brain process sound and 2, and probably more relevant, sample to sample variation.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Aircom support finally got back to me (after 3 weeks) and confirmed that T8 and S8 are 100% identical in sound noise level. They quickly offered to exchange my T8 for another but I had already return it and was done experimenting.
I had a similar exchange with AC Infinity concerning what I perceived as an increase in fan noise with a T9. Because of the pandemic, it took about three weeks for AC Infinity to reply to my concerns and that AC Infinity would replace my T9, even though it was nearly two years old. The replacement sounded quieter and seemed to have something done to the inside of the unit that made the unit function even more smoothly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just bought a 25U open rack where I intend on putting all my AV equipment. Would something like the Cloudplate T1 offer any significant cooling for an open rack?

It seemed like most of the products were designed for closed rack or cabinets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
The fan would turn off at a predetermined temperature. I have an S8 and keep it running on the lowest fan setting. It is in an AV cabinet with glass doors....On the lowest setting, I don't hear the fan at all and it keeps my Denon 4300h cool. I did notice however that when the S8 is running, I can't get FM radio reception. Anyone else have this problem? I know not many people listen to FM radio anymore with all of the online streaming and whatnot, but there are a few FM stations I like to listen to. With the fan off, I get prefect FM reception....if the fan is on, no reception whatsoever.
I recently installed the T3 with S3 fans in my cabinet and I am having the same issue. I'm not losing reception completely, but there is definitely added static/interference that is pretty annoying. I like to listen to the morning radio talk shows on FM. Anyone find a solution for this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone know why AC Infinity doesn't include a 12V trigger on their units? It's pretty annoying not to have a way to have it turn on and off with the other equipment automatically(pretty large oversight on their part as many AVR's don't have switched AC outlets on the back). Today I finally got fed up with turning it on and off(and remembering to do so) so, I ordered a Xantech AC-1(triggered AC outlet) and a 3.5mm screw terminal. Not the cheapest work around but, now it will work off my AVR's triggers.

If you are reading this AC Infinity, you need to add this feature to future designs imo. I almost returned your cooler and went with another product due to this issue and I doubt I am the only one.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone know why AC Infinity doesn't include a 12V trigger on their units? It's pretty annoying not to have a way to have it turn on and off with the other equipment automatically(pretty large oversight on their part as many AVR's don't have switched AC outlets on the back). Today I finally got fed up with turning it on and off(and remembering to do so) so, I ordered a Xantech AC-1(triggered AC outlet) and a 3.5mm screw terminal. Not the cheapest work around but, now it will work off my AVR's triggers.

If you are reading this AC Infinity, you need to add this feature to future designs imo. I almost returned your cooler and went with another product due to this issue and I doubt I am the only one.

Sent from my SM-N975W using

From a technical standpoint the temp probe is a much better solution. Cooling hardware extends its life. If I can have it cool my gear to a specific temp even when I shutdown for the day that is a much better solution.

If you really want to shut it off completely use the recommended solution of a controlled outlet.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

Might get hot if the fans stop before the AVR has cooled down. The S and T series auto stop when its cool enough so usually no reason to want to turn those fully off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Might get hot if the fans stop before the AVR has cooled down. The S and T series auto stop when its cool enough so usually no reason to want to turn those fully off.

Well, the AVR is designed to run without a fan so, I don't think it will be an issue even with it on top. I can always wait a couple of minutes to turn it off if I have been really pushing it.

I am running a T8. The auto stop and smart modes don't work worth a damn in an non-AC home during the summer as the ambient temperature fluctuates way too much from like 15C - 40C.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well, the AVR is designed to run without a fan so, I don't think it will be an issue even with it on top. I can always wait a couple of minutes to turn it off if I have been really pushing it.

I am running a T8. The auto stop and smart modes don't work worth a damn in an non-AC home during the summer as the ambient temperature fluctuates way too much from like 15C - 40C.

A hot summers day can keep them running ye

361 - 380 of 396 Posts