AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I can afford the reference towers for this center channel. Currently running B&W 805's. They are too small for the level of sound I prefer and I do not want to damage them. Any suggestions for a pair of strong towers that will go well?

Have a look... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=1846

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
On Audiogon is a pair of Paradigm Signature S-6 towers

for $2200???

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks grasshoppers.

I decided I can afford a bit more.

Now I'm weighing the Paradigm S8 against the Legacy Focus SE.

I can get a set of used S8's or a set of Legacy SE's for around the same price.

I think I'm going with the Legacies.

Everything I've read has me thinking these puppies are more to my liking in a few ways... I like the weight of them... almost 200lbs each. I believe mass is one part of the equation for good, loud sound. I always liked the B&W matrix concept, with the massive cabinet construction.

I'm a little afraid the S8's will be a little to bright. I like the big woofers on the SE's.

I'm not too worried about the timber match right now. I could always unload the C5 if it doesn't match well but realistically you aren't using the center for 2 channel music and I'm not sure if I will even detect a problem with surround movies.

It's very possible I may have a set of Legacy Focus SE's shipping this week. They will look great straddling my 65" Pany

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.