AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone, So I just bought some Sony SSF-7000 4 way tower speaker (with reward points) and am wondering what is a good matching center speaker to go with it...

This is for liviing room which is fairly big with: Onkyo HT-RC560 and 55 in Sammy tv.

Ive already read alot of complaints about how to stay away from sony and polk is better and what not, but I got them for around $5 and don't wanna spend too much with baby on the way.... saw CN-550H on CL, but saw some reviews about CN-5000 with my speakers, couldn't find the difference between them two online anywhere though. TIA

·
Registered
399 Posts
If this series of Sonys is like the previous version of that series I heard a few years ago, they have a pleasant warm-ish quality (something not usually heard at this price point) I liked and regularly recommended.* So the Andrew Jones-designed Pioneer centers sold now may match up decently, either the new one or the previous model.

* the relatively affordable but long-discontinued Sony SS-K series sold from 2005 thru 2007? - bookshelves, center and tower - also exhibited a warm personality (but could reproduce finer details). I heard them at Circuit City with my own demo disc - nice!! Too bad they stopped selling them........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts