AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to upgrade to a second subwoofer but to save some money on my build were sticking with what we have.
I have currently the outlaw lfm1 and I have 2 dayton 1200 sitting around I would like to use. Is there any easy way to match these? I've always heard you don't want to mix and match subwoofers.

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,221 Posts
I don't know your room layout but in a rectangular room I would start by placing the 2 identical subs up front on each sides of the main (inside or outside - try and error) and the other one in the back (try the middle).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know your room layout but in a rectangular room I would start by placing the 2 identical subs up front on each sides of the main (inside or outside - try and error) and the other one in the back (try the middle).
yea sorry it will be rectangular. 12.5 x 20 x 7.5ft. Should have room done by mid April I will try the 2 front 1 back. Excited about having the dedicated area so I got a little ahead of my self when budgeting :D

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,221 Posts
Seating position is as important as sub placement. Start with the 38% rule and move a bit forward and backward by measuring your response with REW ideally. Usually 38% works well.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Something fun to try would be to co-locate the two Dayton sub-12's in the best spot close to the speakers, then run the Outlaw near-field to the main seating position. I know from experience that co-locating two sub-12's in a good spot makes these sound pretty darn good.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.