AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a 5.1 system for my garage conversion office (8'x15' with 10' ceilings). Using my old Onkyo 606 to power it. I have $350 or so credit at Best Buy, so landed on the Pioneer SP-C22 center ($99) and BS22s ($129 pair) for the front. Probably grabbing the PSW505 for the sub from Amazon at $200. I'd like to buy the in ceiling surrounds from Best Buy and I'd like to get as close as possible on the timbre match to the Pioneer. Thinking the Yamaha NS-IW360C, but that's only because it's a soft dome in the right price range. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks a ton. The help here landed me on my Denon x4000 in the living room and it sounds fantastic with my Speakercraft Series Ones and Mirage sub.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Not super important to match surrounds to the fronts. Just find something that doesn't sound way off and it will be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my thought but I don't have a Magnolia location nearby so no chance to really hear the in ceiling speakers at Best Buy before I buy. Actually, Fry's carries them all too, so I'll head there tonight to get a listen together. However, I'll always welcome suggestions. Thank you for confirming my analysis. If anyone has the Pioneers up front and paired them with in ceiling, I'd like to know what you did. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.