AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have JBL Northridge E60 fronts, JBL EC25 center, and JBL E10 rear surrounds. Unfortunately, my E60 fronts busted and are in for a repair quote. My neighbor had a spare pair of Boston VR950's that he offered to me. Can anyone tell me how the Bostons will match with the JBL center? If they will work ok, I might just buy the Bostons off of him instead of paying for the JBL repair.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Revel M22 & C32, JBL P520WS, Revel W563 & Infinity ERS 110II, SVS SB-2000 (x2), Anthem MRX 720
750 Posts
Yeah, it'll "work." Whether it's satisfying is something else entirely. Best option is to try 'em out. There's a lot of disagreement about matching, though most agree the front three are the most critical to be matched. Here, you'll be mixing different drivers. It's possible you will notice. Again, best way to know is try it out (especially since the speakers are just next door). IMO, the JBLSs are better engineered speakers (part of Harman International with Revel and Infinity), but that doens't mean you won't like and even prefer those Bostons. Good luck and post your results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts