AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I have yet to receive my Harman Kardon AVR 7550hd but have started looking for expert opinion on best matching Floor Standers or 2.1 to start with. My Budget is close to 1K $ and I am basically a music person and although viewing and listening percentage forms 50-50, my priority is still 100% Music. I trust if it sounds good for music, it will sound alright for HT needs too. Would love to get opinion from present and past users of Harman Kardon. I know everyone has a different taste but then I live in part of India where there is negligible availability of different speakers to test it with. I like soft rock, alternative, classic, almost every genre. I like it warm and crisp but not too warm. Please give your firm opinions to help me take a decision. so far I ve narrowed it down to KEF, Klipsch & Paradigm but still very open.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ve increased the budget to almost double now. Nobody z bothered to reply so I'll try giving it a kick by sharing the speakers I've looked and liked (online) so far - KEF iq90/q900 with Rythmic subs, Salk Song towers, Paradigm 60, Energy RC50, Dali, definitive mythos STS and Klipsch RF82. I can't be more confused.........HELP Please....Thanks

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Best bet would be to try to listen to each and see how you like them. It's tough to just go by specs or other people's opinions, IMO. We all have different tastes.

I have the same receiver as you and it has no problems driving my speakers to very loud levels cleanly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Drew

Thanks for the reply...May I ask what speakers are you using with this receiver and which all did you audition before you picked em up. I think you missed out on the fact I mentioned in my first post that I live in India and the the closest I can try only half of them is New Delhi - 7 hrs away and further in Mumbai which is 7 hrs plus 2 and 1/2 hrs flight. Please be kind enough to share your experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I currently have Polk speakers that I am using in my HT setup. It was easy to audition them here since we did have so many electronic chains around. Less so, since the economy took a dive though...

Don't worry about "matching" speakers to this receiver. As long as they are relative easy speakers to drive, you will be fine. You can even get away with running 4 ohm speakers but I wouldn't do it if you plan to listen loud and over long periods.

I buy most of my speakers when they are heavily discounted. That way if I hate them, I can sell them and not take a huge hit. Ebay or audiogon work pretty good in that regard...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.