AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't afford the recommended CSI A4's, even when they go on special. This is a budget system and I am not an audiophile. I am looking to pick up a CS1 or CS2.

I leaning towards the CS1 over the CS2 as the former are smaller even though both are similarly priced.

Another possible choice would be the Klipsch Icon VC 25 (from Best Buy).

I keep reading about matching timbres, tones and tweeters, and am quite confused about the whole subject. Is it better to match one Polk with another even if they aren't the same series?

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeravs /forum/post/20868858

I keep reading about matching timbres, tones and tweeters, and am quite confused about the whole subject.

Timbre is what makes a particular sound unique from another sound such as the difference between a guitar a trumpet and a piano each playing middle C at the same volume. I think of it as 'color' in sound. Most speakers (tweeters especially) color the sound enough that they sound different. Some speakers from different brands will timbre match but it involves a lot of trial and error to find them. One I found is the Emotiva ERM/ERT/ERD speakers all timbre match with my Infinity IL40s with the CMMD tweeter. In fact the Emotiva ERM 6.3 was a tad closer match than an Infinity Beta C360 that has the same tweeter as my Interlude IL40s.

But you might break the bank searching across speaker lines looking for a close match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.