AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say that few movies are such a surprise. I mean, I knew it was going to be good. Just not as good as it was. I was really taken back. It is the type of movie you hope all your freinds see so you can talk about it. It has the type of slow build up that makes you think damn I hope this is not it. Then the rest is just beautiful, like "Unbreakable". It was a very underrated movie that is now cult classic. Stop watching it in the middle and you might say "what's the big deal". Watch it to the end, and you know it is a must have DVD. This is a must have DVD. Run and go see it.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Haven't seen The Usual Suspects? Dang. That's a classic, and definitely a multiple viewer. Unbreakable isn't bad either, though it doesn't stand up to The Sixth Sense, IMHO.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey
Haven't seen The Usual Suspects? Dang. That's a classic, and definitely a multiple viewer. Unbreakable isn't bad either, though it doesn't stand up to The Sixth Sense, IMHO.
I've heard it's great, I just have a long list of titles that people have told me "I've got to see." It's on the list. The problem is I went through a long period of not seeing any movies at all due to a lack of a good income. TV doesn't pay very well when you first start out (especially in the small market locals). It gets a bit better when you get to the network level - especially with a dozen or so years of experience :). As a result, I missed seeing a lot of great movies. Now I'm making up for lost time.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Tell me about it. I decided (when I got laid off) to put my software skills together with my love of home theater and control, and created CQC . Now, I work 14 hours a day, 7 days a week and hardly ever get to watch any movies at all.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chino
Is Matchstick Men a Paper Moon Remake? (Previews just seemed to fit) If so I'm there.
No it's not

However, it's a fine film with some great acting by Cage and wonderful technical contributions. the whole thing is all brought tohether really well by Ridley Scott 7/10.

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nicolas Cage is really GOOD

and I found myself getting annoyed with the TICks about 1/2 way thru

had the same problem with Bill Murray in What about BOB?

really liked Sam Rockwell....this guy is GOOD (liked Heist 2)

Never wanted to see WAB a 2nd time

but I can see me watching MM on DVD in my HT when it comes out

I was very surprised with the Ending :eek:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Dangerous to discuss the plot of this film for fear of spoiling

I saw the ending coming (the genre almost demands it)

however it did not spoil my enjoyment at all

i think this will be a very intersting DVD as the editing, color palette and style will all make for a great HT experience

Rob

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.