AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered the 1HD and hopefully it will be here for the weekend. I am looking for something to use as a temp screen so I can check it out when I get it. I dont have a white wall but was thinking of buying that blackout material that you use to block out sunlight behind curtains. I saw some in white and was wondering if it would be worth buying some of that to project on until I buy my screen. If that would work, I could use it on my windows once I get the screen. I am still confused on the screen. I cant decide between the Da-mat and the HCCV. My room will be totally dark and I will be using a 92" screen and sitting about 13ft away. Any suggestions here would be great, although I pretty much exhausted the search for screen type and am more confused now than ever.

Ron

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I think the HCCV is your best bet and also that the blackout material makes a fine temporary choice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really don't think you need a screen too much better than the infamous 'Home Depot' $15 screen (search if you don't know what this is). I have used a Sanyo z1 with it and works great. I'd say save your screen cash, plop it into a money market (or whatever is doing good right now) and 6-12 months from now sell the projector on ebay, sell the spare bulb too, and with all that cash you saved, buy whatever the latest and greatest is then (hopefully true HDTV 5X DLP!).

Whatever you do, you would have to question spending a lot of money on a screen for a $1400 projector, the increase in performance is not a whole lot for a that extra couple hundred.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I to am using the Home Depot $15 screen. Make sure you mount it very flat. I have a small ripple toward the top right. It's not usually noticeable till there is some type of straight line in that area.

I think it will be awhile before I replace it. Too many other things to do with my spare money, like the popcorn popper power buy.

Good luck

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.