AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone has received this pj yet? I am very interested in it, and would like to know what impressions there are about it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
dandavw,

The Matinee 1HD is a re-labeled Sanyo PLV-Z1 that includes a spare bulb and a ceiling mount.

Many reviews here for the "Z1"

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
According to the post by Jason at AVS, the Matinee 1HD was supposed to ship on 12/6/02. Has anyone heard anything from Studio Experience as to when these projectors will actually be available?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=197067

I was originally told "the first week in December" by Chad at SE, but that date has passed (since this is now the 2nd week in December and I still don't have a tracking number).

I've ordered one and I would like to know if it's worth the extra $150 more than the Sanyo Z1. And for those that don't know, the Matinee can be purchased without the extra lamp and ceiling mount.

As far as I can tell from the pictures, the Matinee has a different color case form the Z1.

Weston

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gigapower
Does the 1HD have the same warranty as the Sanyo? or maybe even a better one?
The Matinee has a better warranty, dead pixel policy, and return policy. See this thread for more info on Z1 & Matinee comparison:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=matinee

On the other hand, the PLV-Z1 is shipping *now* and it's a bit cheaper than the 1HD.

Weston

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I have spent alot of time reading the reviews of the PLV-Z1, and yes the 1HD is a rebadge. I am interested in the 1HD over the Z1 for the better warranty. I already called Jason for a price quote, and just wanted to know if anyone has a 1HD yet. This forum has to be the 8th Wonder of the World, for all the knowledge one can find about HT. I hope the reviews start arriving!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.