AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I watched the first Matrix (Complete set) on my A1, with FW 2.0 last night, and I noticed a very slight sync issue throughout the movie. Once again, this is very slight, and for the most part is not very noticeable. This is the first disc I've seen this on. Children of Men and Smoking Aces did not have this problem. I also watched Flags Of Our Fathers over the weekend and was perfect in every sense. I have not watched Reloaded or Revolutions yet.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox /forum/post/0

At the risk of sounding stupid...

Not that this should make a difference, but anyone who noticed sync issues, do you have the Ultimate set?

If so, I wonder if the double sided discs have something to do with it. These things have been causes for playback issues before.

I have the Complete set which are single sided.

ultimate set here. they didnt even have the regular set at BB when i picked it up. and like i said above no problem truehd track

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a question hopefully someone can answer.

I don't have the Matrix yet.

After the update for the 360 add on, I set my sound settings to DTS which my butt old RCA system supports.

I'm going optical out to my reciever from my 360.

When the sound setting is on DD I get great SS. When I switch it to DTS I get nothing.

After I switch the sound setting to DTS do I then need to switch the movie audio setting to TruHD?

Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I watched the Matrix last night on my HD-A2 and also noticed a very slight audio synch issue using Dolby Digital through opitical. It wasn't distracting, but it was there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just to add to my previous post:

The sync-problem was identical on both TrueHD and DD+ tracks. For me anyway. Not sure what to make of it. If not everyone is hearing it I suspect it must be a fault with my system.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I am using the HD-A1 (firmware 2.0) with optical connection to my receiver.

I also noticed the lip sync error on The Matrix.

I changed the audio track to TrueHD and the problem was corrected.

Again, lip sync error with the DD track, no error with the THD track

So to those chiming in saying no error, you haven't really looked for it if you only watched the THD track. Please check out the DD track too.

I checked out Reloaded and there was no sync error with the DD track (didn't get to check out Revolutions yet.

Edit: This is the "Complete Trilogy" single sided disc

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
just to add to my previous post about only watching part 1 one time and the rest 4 times

well im this far into the movie and no sync issues hd-a2 hdmi truehd

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Watched all of The Matrix (the 1st movie) No sync problems. XA1 via analog outs

·
Premium Member
8,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiG /forum/post/0

Djoel, I downloaded the firmware update. Why would you feel that this is relevant?

It is tough to know if people are not noticing the issue or actually not experiencing the problem. I have found that some people are more sensitive to sync issues than others. To those who have not noticed something the first time around, could you re-watch some parts of the movie with the possibility of a sync issue in mind?

No particular reason really, I don't have the smarts to down load off the net.

Knowing me I would fry my A1....

I guess I have to call Tosh for a new firmware,they wouldn't just send me one even though they have in the system already.

Djoel

·
Registered
786 Posts
I noticed the issue as well, on the first movie, with my HD-A1(FW 2.2) using DD 5.1. It's just, like you said, a split second off but enough to notice. After a while you begin to just forget about it, but it really is there. I have the "Complete" set, and the first movie is the only one the exhibits this issue. I connect via HDMI to the TV and then Digital Coaxial to the receiver.

·
Registered
786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel /forum/post/0

No particular reason really, I don't have the smarts to down load off the net.

Knowing me I would fry my A1....

I guess I have to call Tosh for a new firmware,they wouldn't just send me one even though they have in the system already.

Djoel

Don't wait for a disc to be sent, the Canadian office of Toshiba is actually intelligent enough to let you download and burn it on your own:

http://209.167.114.38/support/ceg/downloads/index.asp

It's the exact same firmware as the one you'll be waiting weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks for.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Haven't received my set yet, but reading through the thread, the common piece seems to be the optical connection and DD+. If you guys can try it with either the analogs or HDMI (or if those folks using analogs or HDMI can comment), I'm guessing there will be no sync problem.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok,

So I updated to FW 2.2, this did not fix the problem.

I then switched the audio to Dolby THD, and this fixed the problem.

From my results, and results of others on this thread:

Clearly there is a lip sync issue with the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track on The Matrix.

The good news is, this problem is solved entirely by switching to the Dolby THD track.

Thank you everyone for your input.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiG /forum/post/0

Ok,

So I updated to FW 2.2, this did not fix the problem.

I then switched the audio to Dolby THD, and this fixed the problem.

From my results, and results of others on this thread:

Clearly there is a lip sync issue with the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track on The Matrix.

The good news is, this problem is solved entirely by switching to the Dolby THD track.

Thank you everyone for your input.

Have you tried analog-out? It seems problem has something to do with digital-out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I noticed sync probs in the IME, the movie is fine but the IME is out of sync.

EDIT: I played the movie again (Matrix 1) with IME and now the sync problem is gone....must have been a one-off.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
The A1 has audio sync issues when converting to DTS on the fly. Drove me nuts - had to dump it and get an XA2 - no issues now.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts