AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if and when the Matrix movies will be sold separately? I don't want the second and third movies and I don't think I would get my money back if I put the other two on eBay.

·
Registered
738 Posts
your best bet is to try to find a broken up set sold on Ebay or another such used place. I doubt we will see the set broken up for awhile, atleast until the BRD set comes out, cause they want to milk that set on that format just as much (if not more)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the sad thing is that they are selling it in the set so they can guarantee a return on investment on the sequels. The first movie would probably sell close to a million copies on its own, but the other two combined wouldn't even be close to that amount.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think they will break them up like they did with Mission Impossible. They are packaged the same way Mission Impossible was too, the disc spines are all numbered as single discs 115975, 115976, 115977. It's just gonna take a few months until they are broken up, maybe around the Holidays.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You know tho, this is (maybe not as big, but still) like the Star Wars trilogy or LOTR.

While I cant stand the third film, its kinda of nice to have em all on this set for those matrix debates Im sure we have all had with our friends and family who are fans.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll just wait and hope they break up the set later on. It's too risky to try to sell them. You never now how much you'll make on them. Unless someone ends up having a smoking deal on the set, I'll have to wait.

·
Blues In Thirds
2,522 Posts
I bought all 3 used but seperated at Hollywood Video for $7 each. Of course that was a couple of years ago. Also, have you tried CD/DVD exchange stores? One other option is to place want ads on all the forums.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Looks like NF isn't renting them. They only give me the option to "save" the HD-DVD version when I search for "Matrix". I guess since it is a box set, they are not renting individually? If so, this sucks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Give me a break with all the crying about the other two movies. They were not that bad. They just weren't as revolutionary as the first one, but that had less to do with the movies themselves as much as the lack of novelty. The three movies complete the story. So please, stop with the crying.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinb /forum/post/0

Give me a break with all the crying about the other two movies. They were not that bad. They just weren't as revolutionary as the first one, but that had less to do with the movies themselves as much as the lack of novelty. The three movies complete the story. So please, stop with the crying.

Spot on... I think the same could be said for the Star Wars series.

First three revolutionized special effects and set a new standard.

The last 3 (but chronologically the first three) have been more evolutionary than revolutionary.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD /forum/post/0

The Matrix movies will probably be released individually just in time for the holiday season... call it a hunch

Actually, each of the films come housed in their own red keep case and each has an individual UPS number. The Mission: Impossible set had no individual UPC codes. This is a pretty strong indicator that The Matrix films will be available separately at some later date this year.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD /forum/post/0

The Matrix movies will probably be released individually just in time for the holiday season... call it a hunch

I've heard this as well from a friend who has been both right and wrong with his "hunches" - he guessed a nice timely release around
the same time as another big BD release during the holiday season. The big question will be, will Warner be letting Blu in on it next time?

·
Registered
998 Posts
There was a previous thread on this. I believe Warner Europe will be releasing them seperately on HD DVD, the first one is due sometime in July in France and probably shortly after in the UK.

·
Blues In Thirds
2,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinb /forum/post/0

yeah, I'm with you there. The first one doesn't make a lot of sense without the follow-ups. My personal favorite happens to be the 3rd one.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
The sequels aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Reloaded and Revolutions are much better than most of the films out there which are intended to be purely action based. The battle for Zion is great, the Highway Chase scene is great, etc. The only problem with Reloaded and Revolutions is that they came after The Matrix which broke boundaries.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.