Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa.

I expressed a little thought about using the dual (or indeed, triple)head technology in the new Matrox card in one of the threads here, coupled with two cheap digital projectors to create a really big widescreen display, but doubts were expressed as to whether or not a video overlay would work on any but the primary monitors.

After looking at an animated GIF demo of their new setup software I came across one setting for something called "DualHead DVDmax settings" - now, am I crazy (rethorical question, no answer required - please? ;) ) or does this sound to anyone else like the ability to view a DVD over the two identically equipped monitor outputs on this card?

Check it out yourself, it's here:

http://www.matrox.com/media/mga/parh...pdesk_anim.gif

Fun thought... 1600x600 with two cheapo 800x600 projectors. :)

I don't know, might be impractical or just overkill, but a rather interesting thought anyway. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
No, DualHead DVDMax means something else, already available with the current line of Matrox cards. When enabled, DVD video (actually, any video that uses the overlay) is played back fullscreen on the secondary display/TV Out. You can even minimize the player/video window on the primary display then. So you can continue to work on your primary display.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn. Guess I am guilty of some wishful thinking. Would have been a fun project though. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
As long as you are using two projectors you should be able to set windows up as a "streched" desktop and overlay should work spaned across both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.