AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Today was the Parhelia chip announcement. The Parhelia product(s) announcement will follow soon thereafter. This is the normal procedure for Matrox.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Check out the "Surround Gaming" feature. You can run three projectors at the same time to have an extreme widescreen experience.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,

The specs look great. 10 bit processing, 4x4 tap bicubic scaling, 10 bit 400Mhz RAMDAC. Adjustable gamma. I didn't read anything about iDCT decoding or HWMC. Does anyone know if the new Matrox has these hardware features?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Glover

You can run three projectors at the same time to have an extreme widescreen experience.
My intentions... ... cheese whiz! My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BenjaminWoo
I didn't read anything about iDCT decoding or HWMC. Does anyone know if the new Matrox has these hardware features?
Yes, it has 'em.

I'm still waiting for a proper review, rather than mere PR feature-talk. They say it should be released in June, which means us in Australia may get it a bit later than that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

I just wanted to drop some information about what I have read in a very famous german magazine C´t about the new Matrox ship. The price tag is about to be 500€ for a high end version and it is supposed to be launched in August....

I hope that it performs even better than the Radeon ´cause the two screen support by Matrox was always top notch :))))

So far, Torsten

·
Registered
387 Posts
Check out Anandtech.com - great overview of the technology. They assume great 2d picture quality based on the measurements provided by Matrox. Looks interesting.

Actually, multiple projectors is a fun idea. 2x800x600 = 1600x600... pretty nice for anamorphic widescreen. Two cheap DLP's should be fairly affordable too. Hmm... downsides? Higher fan noise, higher bulb costs.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I really would like to do it for movie viewing but I dont think that the card will support the DVD overlay. This is usually limited to the primary monitor.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The Parhelia will support two independent hardware overlays.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.