AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am using an Asus P4P800-VM, seems to be working out pretty good for me. Albeit, if you are intending on using the MyHD cards I believe there are some incompatiblity issues (they are being worked on, if interested do a search)

-pd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your suggestion.

Are you using onboard VGA or additional display adapter. I want to know whether Intel Extreme Graphics 2 is good enough for HTPC or not.

One more thing is how about the sound quality of the onboard sound card.

My idea is using i875P mATX motherboard with ATI Radeon 9600 pro + Creative Audigy ZS 2. I prefer use the Asus or Gigabyte motherboard, however, I could not found they provide mATX i875P motherboard.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I feel your pain tring to find a new chipset in micro atx format. There actually are some available in UK shops that are not available to us here. If you goto a motherboard makers site be sure to goto the worldwide or europe section and not the US to view the other models. I don't remember the chipset (875?) that was a model in europe but not here. I almost got it from a UK shop but decided the asus board was good enough for my gaming system. It's a good board but can't be overclocked (not an issue for me). I have it running with an ati radeon 9800pro and an audigy 2. With the highpoint ide raid card in there it only leaves one pci slot for future use so be sure you manage your devices carefully. If you want to see the reason I used a Micro-atx mobo for a gaming system then check out these pics here

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the Asus A7N266-VM and wanted to upgrade to a mobo based off the nforce2 chipset so i could utilize agp8x and 333fsb. I bought the Shuttle MN31N, its the nforce2 igp & mcp-t (integrated gf2mx440, dual vga outputs, integrated nic, soundstorm, ac3 encoding). It does not officially support 400fsb, but one can use softmenu to adjust the fsb to 200mhz.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What do you think about this GB motherboard. I have Gigabyte's previous 8GIMK model, with slight inferior specs (no HT). Realtec 650 is ok for DTS/DD passthrough, SPDIF IN(check for it 8GIMK has it..) Lan onboard
http://www.directron.com/gigabyte8ie800.html

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just chiming on Asus P4P800-VM. I use this mobo and had already chosen to go with an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro so I didn't even try the onboard video. I also don't use onboard sound and use a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 instead. I'm very happy with this combination of hardware so far. FYI, I use a CoolerMaster 620 (black) case, thus my reason for getting a mATX mobo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.