AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pre-game is not in HD in Portland OR KATU. KATU usually doesn't broadcast the NBA in HD unless they get complaints about it. Looks like a long season for me. I had to contact them every Sunday last year to get them to turn on the HD feed. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Can someone confirm this game is in HD? I am getting only SD via WATM-DT of Altoona, PA.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth station /forum/post/0

Pre-game is not in HD in Portland OR KATU. KATU usually doesn't broadcast the NBA in HD unless they get complaints about it. Looks like a long season for me. I had to contact them every Sunday last year to get them to turn on the HD feed. Ridiculous.

Pregame should've been in HD, they've got HD facilities this season to handle NBA Countdown and halftime. Only issue I noticed is for some reason it sounded as if there were some transmission issues with the HD pregame feed. There was only nat sound for the first 5 or 6 minutes of the show and a lot of intermittent video noise that kept popping up. Once that cleared up it was a normal HD pregame show.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/0

For reasons unknown, it never is.

Interesting, this is a serious problem if it is chronic. Anyone on this forum if you continue noticing the pregame not in HD i suggest you immediately contact your local station. I'm not sure if the brass at ABC/ESPN are aware of this (probably not since I've personally seen it air in HD in NYC, Los Angeles and Central Connecticut) and I'm not sure if this is only affecting non O & O's or not, but ABC begrudgingly shelved out the money to do this project in HD (under less than ideal circumstances, I might add), it should definitely be on the air in High Definition.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCTV99 /forum/post/0

Interesting, this is a serious problem if it is chronic. Anyone on this forum if you continue noticing the pregame not in HD i suggest you immediately contact your local station. I'm not sure if the brass at ABC/ESPN are aware of this (probably not since I've personally seen it air in HD in NYC, Los Angeles and Central Connecticut) and I'm not sure if this is only affecting non O & O's or not, but ABC begrudgingly shelved out the money to do this project in HD (under less than ideal circumstances, I might add), it should definitely be on the air in High Definition.

I have contacted my station every Sunday last year, and twice already this morning. The game is not in HD as we speak. I called ABC last year about KATU's refusal to do NBA games in HDTV and was told that the affiliates can do whatever they want with the feed ABC sends them and ABC can't do anything about it. Which I believe is B.S.

Oddly enough when Monday Night Football was on ABC KATU always had it in HD, and all primetime shows are in HD. I swear KATU has something against the NBA.

·
Registered
118 Posts
AS usual no HD in Albany NY on TW

·
Registered
170 Posts
I woke up late today and only caught a minute of this game a little while before the Bears/Saints kickoff. I only tuned in because I thought it would be in HD. It was not! OTA in Orlando no hd for the 2 minutes I watched.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.