AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie and just moving on from a tube to a 3d tv and am comparing two different tvs, the 55" samsung es8000 and the lg lm8600. I know the samsung es8000 uses active 3d glasses. The salesman said it only supports up to 4 pairs of glasses. Is this true? Also, if it is true, is this the case for all tvs that use active 3d glasses? I couldn't find this info anywhere. I have more than 4 in my family and if this is true, I'd be leaning toward the lm8600 since it's passive.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
No- there is no limit to the amount of 3D glasses supported by the TV set. I think he meant to say that 4 pairs are INCLUDED, you can buy as many more as you need. Think about it this way - the TV emits a signal, either RF or IR. The glasses pick up this signal and sync to the picture. It's like asking how many radios in your house will pick up a station. As many as you can fit in a room! So, don't worry, you can get as many glasses for your active set as needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55  /t/1418279/max-number-of-active-3d-glasses#post_22182035

No- there is no limit to the amount of 3D glasses supported by the TV set. I think he meant to say that 4 pairs are INCLUDED, you can buy as many more as you need. Think about it this way - the TV emits a signal, either RF or IR. The glasses pick up this signal and sync to the picture. It's like asking how many radios in your house will pick up a station. As many as you can fit in a room! So, don't worry, you can get as many glasses for your active set as needed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlehammer  /t/1418279/max-number-of-active-3d-glasses#post_22181984

I'm a newbie and just moving on from a tube to a 3d tv and am comparing two different tvs, the 55" samsung es8000 and the lg lm8600. I know the samsung es8000 uses active 3d glasses. The salesman said it only supports up to 4 pairs of glasses. Is this true? Also, if it is true, is this the case for all tvs that use active 3d glasses? I couldn't find this info anywhere. I have more than 4 in my family and if this is true, I'd be leaning toward the lm8600 since it's passive.

Any help would be appreciated.

So did you buy the Samsung ES8000 or the LG LM8600?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts