AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used about 65 Maxell 8X MIJ -Rs on my EH50, and 16 of them have specs on them, usually 1 or 2. But one of them has 5 on it. Much higher ratio than Fuji 16X MITs, only 3 out of 55 have them. I checked the 5 spec DVD with Nero CD/DVD speed and it's all GREEN. I don't have a PC DVD Burner to run other tests, I guess I'll have to play it and see what happens. Maybe the EH50 doesn't like them.

One of the Maxells had a 1/4 inch line and the movie froze and skipped.

Pretty disappointing for supposedly good MIJ discs, I got them from Sears the week before Xmas. I'll never buy Maxell again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I own the EH50 and am relatively new to DVD recording.

I have dubbed and finalized about 23 DVD-Rs so far. But I have not played every one of them completely yet. I did sample each one to make sure it plays from the beginning and to the end plus forwards to each chapter marker.

If there was some kind of problem with the DVD-R (spec or line) would the EH50 continue to dub regardless or would it stop and display some kind of error?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnvideo
I own the EH50 and am relatively new to DVD recording.

I have dubbed and finalized about 23 DVD-Rs so far. But I have not played every one of them completely yet. I did sample each one to make sure it plays from the beginning and to the end plus forwards to each chapter marker.

If there was some kind of problem with the DVD-R (spec or line) would the EH50 continue to dub regardless or would it stop and display some kind of error?
Mine dubbed all the way without error. I'll be watching the worst one later to see what happens. I returned my one sealed -R pack today. It's a shame, they were rated highly on that DigitalFAQ site. I burn extra copies (usually 3) of most dubbed content. It sounds crazy, but it paid off this time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found another bad Maxell disc. The EH50 wouldn't load it. It had a mark on the disc, the size of a pea. Looks like it was melted. I couldn't return the last pack, already used half of them.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've gone thru 2 50 packs of the Maxell 4x MIJ and have just opened a 50 pack of 8x. All the disks were clean and have worked flawlessly on an EH50, E80 and PC. Bought them at Sears also. Maybe you just got a bad batch or packages that were tossed around too much in the store.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsWonSB
Bought them at Sears also. Maybe you just got a bad batch or packages that were tossed around too much in the store.
That's probably it. I have to check the rest, about 20 left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.