AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mits HD VCR will record HD content just fine on a TDK XP Super Pro 120 S-VHS tape. But a new Maxell Super VHS 120 tape will not work. Anyone have any ideas about this?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Any issues with JVC SVHS?

I just ordered some JVC SVHS 210 tapes (SVHS equiv of the DF420's I think).

--Rick

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ricka
Any issues with JVC SVHS?

I just ordered some JVC SVHS 210 tapes (SVHS equiv of the DF420's I think).

--Rick
Yes the SVHS 210 is the same length as a DF420. I have never used that length of JVC SVHS tape but was very disappointed with JVC ST-120 SVHS. I had read that the 210 is a better formulation so it may work well. Fuji H471S is my favorite and Maxell Broadcast Quality second choice but H471S is much better than any other in my opinion.

Chris

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
I have had problems with a few Maxell SVHS tapes in my PVHD1000 in the past but as of this date, not a problem with any SVHS tape I have tried on the Mits. I bought a bunch of Maxell ST180's recently and just recorded Harry Potter plus the previews of the new HP movie that HBO aired. It recorded fine without a single dropout on the Mits. I don't use this tape in the Panny because it has had sporadic issues of the dreadded green blotching. I must have gotten very lucky with this Mits. I have not cleaned the heads since I got it. I did do a routine wet cleaning when I first brought it in here since I actually got this one used.

My all time favorite SVHS tape for DVHS recording is Fujii brand, the cheapest I can get. The only true DVHS tape I use at all is the JVC DF420 and then only when I want to record for more than 3 hours at a time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've used some (like 5) Maxell 126 BQ and they work just fine on Panny. I just got 'em at local store for reasonable price. Mostly using TDK SVHS 120XP - very good results ! On DVHS side JVC 300 and 420 and 480 :)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
maxell svhs tapes working well in my mits, or atleast the 12 or so I have used. usually use Fuji tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.