AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that some are seeing dark scene shadow problems with this set. How about the dreaded clay face? I am looking to replace a 4312 and if I go with this set and see it............. I may puke. This is the one Costco has and in the store it looked damn good! Maybe even the best looking display I saw with their feed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see many have the M-42, does it have the Clay face problem? I may get one tommorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
forget about these 2-3rd tier cheapy brands. you may be dissappointed again. get the pioneer or panny, Or even the NEC VR5 that I keep reading about. sounds like the PQ is even better than the panny.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree. The price points on the Panny's (both consumer and commercial) are so good it is not even worth considering the 2-3rd tier brands now. Go with a Panny and you will be happy for sure.

YMMV

John

·
Registered
885 Posts
as someone who has had both the Maxent MX-42X3 for a few weeks, and now as of this week a Panny 42PD50U I think I can clearly comment on the subject.

While I had the Maxent, I wasn't sure if I was seeing "clayface" in HD, I wanted to say I wasn't sure, it did 2 weeks in the house before it made the trip back to the warehouse.

After 4 days with the panny.. wow.. everything in the threads about the pannys is true, the color and detail even on an ED.. beat the Maxent HD in every way I considered important, including for me.. far better SD performance off my Tivo.. most of all, now that I'm watching the panny and seeing it has no clayface.. the 42X3 clearly had clayface issues.

I hope this helps others.

Diane

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was afraid of that, I'll probably pick up the 50U tommorrow too. I don't like the lack of features with this unit but I do demand a great pic for 2K. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.