AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was relegated to on-wall speakers due to WAF, but she is open to the idea of placing the left and right front speakers in opposite corners of the room.

So how far away can I have the LR speakers from the center chanell ? My wall is about 15ft long. the TV is wall mounted in the middle and I would likely have the center placed underneath the TV.

Would having the LR speakers 15ft from each other cause any type of oddities in sound ? Would be 40% for Tv, 20% music, 20% TV, 20% games. Majority of the seating area is centred to the TV.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Just experiment with it & see what sounds best to you. Room layout, overall size of the room, furniture, personal taste, & type of speakers are all going to have some effect on the sound. I messed around with all my speakers for several days before I found a position I thought sounded right.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
It would probably be worse to (literally) put them in the corner than spread them that far apart. Play around with placement, but I'd think placing them a couple feet from either side wall and leaving a ~10-12' spread would work just fine. Of course, that will largely be dependent on how well the speakers image.

Scott

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonytheater /forum/post/0

Just experiment with it & see what sounds best to you. Room layout, overall size of the room, furniture, personal taste, & type of speakers are all going to have some effect on the sound. I messed around with all my speakers for several days before I found a position I thought sounded right.

If I already had the speakers I'd definately take that approach. I'm still in the scoping phase though, trying to figure out which ones to buy.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssteel01 /forum/post/0

It would probably be worse to (literally) put them in the corner than spread them that far apart. Play around with placement, but I'd think placing them a couple feet from either side wall and leaving a ~10-12' spread would work just fine. Of course, that will largely be dependent on how well the speakers image.

Scott

Aah, got it. I remeber someone making a top 10 list of things to not do with speakers. Think that was there. I remember the bit about giving room to the speakers from the rear, but hadn't considered that the same concept would apply to the side.

If I have to pay a bit more for better imaging speakers which in turn will let me get away with less than ideal placement I'm willing to that route. I

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.