AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all those who have posted information on this forum. You have made me a Replay junkie. Here is my question: What is the maximum drive size for a single drive upgrade on a HS2000. I want to try a WD 180 gig. Could I do a double drive upgrade with TWO WD 180 gig

drives? Also, where do I get the latest patches? Thanks, I spent an hour searching the forum for the answers but came up dry.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I think that 80=100gb is the most that the bios will read. I have 2 80's in my showstopper... and i'm loving it!!!!

John

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Showstoppers can accept two drives. The limitation is 137 gigs per drive accessibility due to the IDE controller. A third unallocated partition will be created by RTVPatch essentially wasting the remainder of disk capacity. In your dual 180 gig scenario you would waste considerable disk space. 120 gig drives are cheaper and utilize all disk capacity. That would be a wiser purchase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. An answer to my question in 30 minutes! What an incredible forum!! Mikeboy - will a HS2000 handle two 120 gig drives? That's about 240 hours total at low resolution isn't it? Even my kids couldn't fill that up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, I have seen people selling them on Ebay; a link to one such expired sale is below http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3019579962

I don't know this ebay seller, and I have not attempted such an upgrade myself, but my gut says it should work.

Hope this has helped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikeboy no need to reply, I found the link to hhttp:// rtvpatch.sourceforge.net/index.html in the link you posted in your origianal reply and it has a very good discussion of disk size limitations and upgrade procedures. I recommend it to all thinking of upgrading a drive. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.