1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thanks for that link. It should also be said that www.gogocity.com has also been advertising them at $225...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, that's the Previous rebates section:

Previous Rebates:

Listed below are all mail-in rebates for this product in the past 2 weeks. These are no longer valid and are shown for reference only.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I know it says:

Valid From: 6/9/02

Valid To: 6/15/02

but when you read the actual .PDF form that you suppose to print, fill out and mail it clearly says June 1st.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You might want to check the Maxtor rebate center; sometimes they have multiple rebates going at the same time that the retailer gets them mixed up.

Also, outpost.com (Fry's online store) has the 160G for $229 after $50 rebate, but that is only good until tomorrow (June 10).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I checked at the brick and mortar store CompUSA and they did not have the rebate or this deal advertised. The closet thing they did have was a 80Gb Maxtor firewire external drive on sale for $229 after coupon and rebate down from $299.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was in their advertised specials circular that goes into newspapers. I found it from their bi-weekly online circular (go to www.compusa.com click advertised specials then National Circular. click all items then scroll down to Upgrades/Hard Drives. )

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I think you are missing the point. CompUSA does not have the correct rebate form online nor does the link you provided even get you to the product description. Compusa has to fix their links.

As of now you cannot get the correct rebate form online from CompUSA or get it at the B&M.

Looks like www.outpost.com has the same deal and the correct rebate but the WD 120 GB drive looks like a better deal at only $109.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The warranty on Gogocity for the Maxtor is 12 months instead of 3 years. That also leads me to think its an OEM drive. Tough choices. Like others I want to upgrade my drive before the lockdown on the 4000 software.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Outpost promo will finish today. http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3145500

I prefer them over compUSA because they fast and charged reasonable shipping cost. About 6-8$. Local CompUSA would charge me tax - 8.25% in NY- about 24 backs. So my choise is obvious. Thanks to heathriel for posting this info. Hope Maxtor will honor rebate without huge delay.

·
Registered
971 Posts
How about CompUSA's latest ad for a WD 100GB 7200 RPM drive for $129? No mail-in rebates!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.