Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this posted over at AnandTech forums

====================================================

Ok this week in the Staples ad it has the retail boxed Maxtor 80GB 5400RPM drive, for 119.99-40MIR

Search for staples coupons online.

Use $20 off 100

Pay $100 -40MIR and it is $60+tax (free shipping)

====================================================

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Hmmmm. Now today Slickdeals removed it from their listing. :confused:

Perhaps its out of stock. I'd check it out at AnandTech forums I guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And CompUSA has it for $99 again, prices are really coming down on the 80 gigs, but the 120 is close behind with a regular sale in the $170 range.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's an excellent price but ya know I'm just getting to the point where I won't use up a bay for 80 gigs anymore. I started this year with 200Gigs of hardisk and it was just like the old days. I just gabbed anything and everything I wanted and loaded it on with nary a thought.

Well I got a camcorder to play with and now I'M OUT OF DISK space--just like when Win95 first gobbled up everything in sight and and managing disk space was tighter than managing a budget during a recession. I just ordered a Maxtor 160 for about $200 bucks. That's less than I paid for the 80 gig I upgraded my Replay to last year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just a note from my experience. Maxtor drives get really loud after a while. I had a 60 Gig WD before and it was silent. After about a month my 80 gig maxtor has gotten annoyingly loud. Thank goodness I can turn up the volume on my reciever. I think I'll swap it for another WD drive when one goes on sale and put the noisey drive in my computer.

·
Registered
669 Posts
idex,

noise should be covered under the drives warranty,

and most drives have a 3 year. I have a year and a half old

75 gig 75gxp IBM drive in my PC that has a horrible high pitched whinning

sound that i think dogs and myself are only privileged to. I'm going

to send the 75 gig back for service, and while its there i think i'll switch my

main computer drive to one of those nice western digitals that are so highly reviewed at www.storagereview.com

good luck,

Static

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.