AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now spent over a week with the Radeon Video card in my HTPC - WOW! Of course I am using a digital projector so I feel my post here is apropos. Frequent guests to my HT are now making unsolicited comments - "so much depth and clarity, it's like looking through a window". These comments are with respect to DVD material not HDTV!! How is the Panamorph going to improve on this? I'll keep an open mind and await its arrival with some trepidation and anticipation.

Any wrinkles? A few - the default setting for the refresh rate was 50Hz and this caused some stuttering on pans and jitter on opening credits, FBI warnings etc. I changed this to 60Hz and the jitter and stutter went away. I was now getting something I call blurring (slight and as usual I was the only one who noticed it) - not on pans but with objects moving across a stationary camera. I changed the refresh rate to 72Hz and this seems (only seen one movie this way) to have solved the problem, but the jitter is back with video material (I guess that it's video material). The film material is awesome, so I guess I'll leave it where it is.

The only reason that I know about Radeon video cards, Panamorph lens etc. is because of this forum and its amazing owners and members. I've lurked on some of the other HT forums and their parochial and myopic approach (especially to digital projectors) really turned me off!

Maybe I'm amazed - NO, I am amazed! The adventure continues.......

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
This is the wrong forum but for your video stuttering....

Try using PowerStrip with 'application associations' so that your DVD players set a 72 Hz display and dScaler (this is what you are using for video I assume) sets a 60 Hz for NTSC and 50 Hz if using PAL... This then becomes 100% automatic and helps greatly...

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.