AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
I didn't realize they were going the route of My Movies with a server/client model.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
So if you have movies on two different computers that right now are listed by their network path in MB Configurator those will now be aggregated by installing MB Server on one machine, which does not have to be the same machine that MB is on. Am I reading this correctly? Will the MB Server allow for network shares?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2  /t/1472886/mb3-in-public-beta#post_23320596

So if you have movies on two different computers that right now are listed by their network path in MB Configurator those will now be aggregated by installing MB Server on one machine, which does not have to be the same machine that MB is on. Am I reading this correctly? Will the MB Server allow for network shares?

AFAIK yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs  /t/1472886/mb3-in-public-beta#post_23320994

Is there a way to have mb3 classic open movies with mpc-hc?

Yes MBClassic is just a newer version of the old MB, but which continues to support WMC integration - MBTheatre which will provide a stand-alone playback engine is still in development.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hah... another Plex-like contender in the making...

Except for the fact that this is only windows based at the moment...

Hopefully they will consider porting to Linux at some point in time...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Very interesting....I just downloaded the 6 month trial of Windows Server 2012 Essentials and finally ordered my Supermicro server from Tams....looking forward to see how the server version of MB3 works out!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs  /t/1472886/mb3-in-public-beta#post_23323314

Mine just opens in wmc. Is there a setting in mb3 to make it use other software for playback like in mb2?

Yes, there is a MB config still for the things that need to be setup locally. Client settings of mb classic have to be different, but not for everything. You obviously didn't have to setup your library, a few plugins or preferences locally, but things like gamebrowser would and of course the external player preference in your case.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs  /t/1472886/mb3-in-public-beta#post_23323314

Mine just opens in wmc. Is there a setting in mb3 to make it use other software for playback like in mb2?

As Fanta poiints out there is an MBClassic configurator which works in almost the same way as MB2 (particularly for external player set-up)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I am curious in how well the server version of MB3 works out since it means one wouldn't need to have MB on each HTPC. I downloaded the server version but won't have the time to test it out until the weekend. Maybe if those who are testing the Server version can report on how well it is and how quick it is for info, that would be great. I'm going to install this on my new server on WS2012E once I get things set up and squared away.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts