AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone post a pic of the amp/rear side of the MBM-12? I've looked all over HSU's site and searched all the threads in the forum that I could find concerning the MBM and haven't found any pics of the amp side and associated connections and controls. Also a question (which would probably be answered by the requested pic, but I'll ask it anyway) is the lower freq. limit on the unit (high pass filter) adjustable, or is it hard wired internally to cross at 50hz?

Thanks,

TG

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The high pass filter on the MBM is adjustable from 50-150. You can use the MBM crossover or your SSP as the MBM has a switch for either choice.

I have mine setup with a "Y" connector > Main sub crossover engaged at 50 > the MBM cross over dialed wide open using the cross over setting on the SSP at 80 > cross over on the MBM Out...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGamer /forum/post/0

Could someone post a pic of the amp/rear side of the MBM-12? I've looked all over HSU's site and searched all the threads in the forum that I could find concerning the MBM and haven't found any pics of the amp side and associated connections and controls. Also a question (which would probably be answered by the requested pic, but I'll ask it anyway) is the lower freq. limit on the unit (high pass filter) adjustable, or is it hard wired internally to cross at 50hz?

Thanks,

TG

Hey - I've got some pics courtesy of Mozvz I can host for you to check out. Would you like to see them?

(Charles/Moz - sorry for being a bad hoster and not getting them up, I got really busy at work and I've been out of the loop. I'm a bad forum member
)

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Jon,

First of all, thanks for even considering hosting the photos. NO need to apologize. Life calls!!!

Looks like Denon beat ya Jon!

Charles

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
caption: "MBM gettin snuggly with the couch..waa waa wee waa"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys!

I appreciate ya'll taking the time to snap and post the photos and answer my questions. This forum (and all the active members with their incredible collective knowledge and experience in HT) just totally rock! (Literally? hehe).

TG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NOTE: Originally posted in Denon's thread, "Just got my SVS..." then moved here.

Man, I can't wait! I just got an e-mail from SVS today, my PB/2 is on its way!

I'm kinda thinking about complimenting my PB/2 with MBM-12 as well, but just the opposite way that Denon did, with a single PB/2 and dual MBM-12s. The reason for the dual MBMs is because of placement due to the layout of my room, which judging by Denon's photos is somewhat smaller than his, and very limited on placement options. You see, the MBMs will be farther away from the listening position (actually need to place them under my mains) than my PB/2 (which will be just to the left and behind my sofa, in a corner). Will probably pick up an SMS-1 to aid tying this all together, but what do ya'll think?

TG

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
You see, the MBMs will be farther away from the listening position (actually need to place them under my mains) than my PB/2 (which will be just to the left and behind my sofa, in a corner)

I think you will be MUCH happier if you put the MBM-12 nearfield (against listening position). From what I read in Denon's thread he found new respect for the MBM-12, even moving it from about 3 feet away from the listening position to right up against it. As I understand it the MBM is a "kicker" and is designed to be nearfield because of the freq it plays at. If anything else I think you should switch places of what you are proposing with your PB/2 and MBMs. I can't comment on using 2 MBMs, I'm sure HSU or SVS would be better help there. Don't quote me on anything though this is just stuff I have picked up from discussions, and Denon's thread has a few good tidbits of info too if you want to check that out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.