AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the MC-12 pre, but I need to have RCA connectors for the component video out. Is there some sort of converter available, or is it possible to get RCA connectors from Lexicon for this feature? Anyone?

Thanks...

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
You can get BNC to RCA adapters at Radio Shack for a couple of dollars each. There are also component cables available with BNC on one end and RCA on the other.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
There are BNC-to-RCA connectors available, but why not simply get a set of cables with thekind of connectors you need at each end? Markertek, Better Cables, and plenty of other sources supply these.

Cheers,

Philip Brandes

·
Registered
18 Posts
The component out on the MC-12 has BNC connectors. When you order you component cables there should be an option to have BNC connectors on one end of you cables. I just got my MC-12B and send back my component cables from better cables to have have BNC connectors put on one end. It only cost me $10 including shipping. You can buy BNC to RCA adapters at Radio Shack for a few bucks each.

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The component cable I have running through my wall and cieling for my projector is already RCA to RCA. It was a tight fit and would be a mild hassle to remove it for a new cable... not to mention it is an expensive Monster Cable that I don't want to pay to replace.

Do any of you think video quality would suffer if I used a BNC to RCA converter from radio shack?

Thanks much..

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:
Do any of you think video quality would suffer if I used a BNC to RCA converter from radio shack
BNC connectors can be made to offer a true 75 Ohm impedance (even at video frequencies). RCA connectors are usually much lower impedance connections and can degrade signal quality. Most pro gear uses BNC's because it's an overall better connector and is better technically suited for video. That said, you will probably not notice any further degradation of the picture if you buy BNC/RCA adapters (and they're cheap enough to throw in the drawer in case you decide to swap out the cable).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.