AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 subs they are not identical, would I be better off hooking them up in stereo or since they are not the same (B&W ASW3000 and Vel HGS-18)

I can split mono signal or LFE signal as other options.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
How are the subs arranged in your room? Since they aren't identical stereo would probably be a bad idea. Either run them both in mono (using both L/R sub outs) with LFE OFF or one in mono (on L sub out) and the other on the LFE output with it turned on.

Shawn

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmmm....I say simply split the LFE out and set all your speakers to small in your receiver settings, with your LFE on and sub setting to LFE + Main....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with shawn I would run one using the LFE and the other for picking up were you speakers leave off. because on the setup you will notice that the LFE ony comes on when a signal is sent to it. this configuration would allow you to calibrate the one sub for general use ( music,TV ) and still benifit from the filing ing when you whatch a movie.

AJ

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Try,

1)setting all speakers to small, and running both subs off the LEFT output(LFE off). I would start out by placing both subs near one another...in the best corner of the room.(although experiment with placement as much time allows too).

2)patching the 18" servo to the LFE output, and run the BW off of the sub out. As Shawn suggested.

It might not hurt to see if the local BW dealer would let you audition another BW3000 for a weekend. You could try the 3000s out on the Bass Enhance stuff, and still have the HGS18 for the LFE. Might as well play :)

TV

·
Registered
195 Posts
Another vote for Shawn's approach. I use two similar, but not identical subs with my MC12 --one on LFE and one on mono [email protected] Hz (speakers are also all set to 60 Hz). Very impressive. The visceral impact of "Atlantis" must be experienced to be believed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.