AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to play any video file or live TV through my Pioneer VSX 1020 receiver I get an error message.

"media center cannot play the video file. please install the correct video driver or restart media center"

I don't have any problem if I connect my hdmi directly to my tv. Also right before the error message appears the video does come on for several seconds with no sound. Windows does recognize my receiver fine and audio plays ok during the media center startup screen.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The exact message is "files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. restart windows media center or restart the computer."

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone! I can't figure it out. This same receiver worked fine with my TiVo HD. All I did was swap the TiVo with my HTPC. Same hdmi cable.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spivonious /forum/post/20809097

This is a common issue. You'll need to either set Windows to output stereo sound, or disable the "Allow applications to take exclusive control". Both options are in the audio devices control panel.

I just posted that in my sticky thread as well. There are some settings listed there to try as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.