AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Pioneer VSX-1019 and ran MCAA config twice.... each time it reported 3 speakers had polarity reversed (even though I checked and they looked ok).... Is this normal/common??

·
Registered
515 Posts
It may depend on the brand of speaker and it may be normal due to the phase coherency design of its tweeter and other drivers along with it. So I may blame the speakers design for maybe confusing the receivers auto setup. This is not to say there is anything wrong with the speakers design. I ran into this when I had a Yamaha receiver and ran YPAO. I have Kef for speakers and suspect that the UNI-Q tweeter design with the midrange driver is the culprit. What's funny though when I got into a Denon with its Audyssey, it was not throwing any reverse polarity errors.

What speakers are you using?

·
Registered
913 Posts
My Bose 10.2's get flagged as reverse polarity every now and then because of the multi-firing speaker units.

However I have also had MCACC be very accurate with truly miswired speakers I could have sworn were right, but upon closer look, were miswired. So I would not discount the fact it occasionally gets a misread, but I would always triple check to be sure.

Diane

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
The reason is not the loudspeaker but rather a reflection (peak/resonance) within the room.. When doing an install we always manually check the loudspeaker polarity before powering up the system..

Just my $0.015..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts